Double Passenger Bench - Comfort Dash Modification

Supersaint63

Hi there,

I’m new to the forum and am starting the process of upgrading from my 7 seater Alhambra to a T6 Van.

We have 4 kids + grandparents who aren’t keen on driving long distances so I want to be able to carry 8 passengers. The best solution for us is a SWB (wife won’t drive something bigger) with Caravelle rails so i can maximise boot space when needed but the double bench doesn’t work with then larger centre console in the comfort dash.

Options appear to be a Caravelle conversion (starting with the standard Kombi dash) or modifying the Caravelle dash somehow.

Has anybody got any thoughts on what might be possible?

There’s always the option of an 8 seater Compact Vito Tourer (two rows of three in the rear) but we tried the V-class and didn’t like the hefty seat mechanism and it drove more van like than the Caravelle.

Really appreciate it

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

When I started looking I first looked at the shuttle but there wasn’t enough room behind the 3rd row in the SWB hence considering the rails.

Is the dash in the shuttle just the bog standard or a different starting point? The comfort dash is so much nicer than all the open trays but obviously doesn’t allow the double bench.

Thank you

Back