Double noise when locking/unlocking

Peter_T6L2H3

VIP Member
Hi everybody, I have a 204 TSI DSG 4 Motion T6 with one sliding door and rear barn doors. When I close/open the doors with the remote control, there is a double noise as if the doors were closed/opened twice. It happens also if I use the key in the driver lock, but it doesn't happen if I use the interior lock/unlock button.
Any idea of what's happening? I haven't found anything suspicious with VCDS. Could it be a mechanical problem?
Thanks for your help,
Pierre

What @Loz said .

The T6 locks, then deadlocks with a single push of the button.

When deadlocked if you smash the window you can't open the doors with the inner handle.

I can vouch for that when I got locked in my van. No way to get out from the inside unless you smash a window.

Press the fob twice and you will hear a 3rd clunk as it undeadlocks (and turns off the interior sensors and tilt sensor) so useful if you leave someone in the car whilst you pop into a shop of if you are on the ferry.
I never knew that @Loz. I will try that when the replacement interior sensor arrives as one of mine has failed. Expensive fix sadly.

Re fob twice, will that perform the same function if you are sleeping in the van and you have to press the B pillar button to stop the alarm waking everyone up at 3am when you get up in the night for nature calls ?

Re fob twice, will that perform the same function if you are sleeping in the van and you have to press the B pillar button to stop the alarm waking everyone up at 3am when you get up in the night for nature calls ?
No, that disables the sensors but not the deadlock afaik.

Thanks, I wasn't sure. I can see the advantages of both though.
And me, I was hoping for both options, especially as I have the door pillar button, was hopping it would do sensors only with the button and still deadlock (for when you have the pop roof open, and the windows cracked a bit and you want to leave it secure)

Yes, you're right about security, but this double noise is quite unpleasing, and I didn't notice it on my wife's California
Agree with @Loz get some sound deadening in those doors and you won’t hear them.

Back