Tailgate power latching going on and off multiple times and auto lock too

stupot

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi folks I’ve had a look at a couple of threads but think my problem may be slightly different. Power closing tailgate seems to occasionally have a bit of a meltdown, basically the mechanism goes on and off multiple times unless I open it and slam it shut and even then it sometimes keeps going bananas. Also noticed on occasion the auto door lock when pulling away goes lock/unlock/lock/unlock and I sometimes have to intervene with a press of the lock/unlock button. Any ideas before I put it in the stealer (I have all in warranty). Battery is fairly new

Check for fault codes that show implausible signal with your doors and for fault codes for the tailgate. Could be the catch needs adjusting.
^ - if not the catch, then perhaps the two plastic buffers roughly halfway down each inner edge of the tailgate. Check them when it’s closed by pressing on the tailgate lid, as well as pulling - they are possibly screwed in too much or too little, resulting in play that then upsets the locking mechanism.

If it’s not play in the spacing, it could be a lock microswitch

Well it gets stranger… now discovered that when this fault occurs with the tailgate lock going on and off and I open and close the drivers door it stops! Then when locking the van using the button on the key it doesn’t lock the tailgate unless I unlock then lock it. Bonkers!

Back