Dometic Fridge orange flashing light?

banksey88

Hi,

I got my first van conversion yesterday and been trying to get the fridge (Dometic CRE0050) working today.

I seem to have a continuous orange flashing light (see photo) which I can’t get rid of and have left it for a few hours using the leisure battery, but still got the orange flashing light and the fridge still wasn’t cold.

I’ve tonight plugged the van into the electric hook up so will see how that goes, but initially it didn’t give any difference to when the leisure battery was feeding it.

Anyone have any ideas why this isn’t working or what orange light indicates?
589827F3-3EB8-4CB9-95A4-329E1E38524F.jpeg

Solid Orange LED... is the compressor running!. youve got it on the coldest setting which should be getting cold with in an hour or two!

Last edited:
Solid Orange LED... is the compressor running!. youve got it on the coldest setting which should be getting cold with in an hour or two!
The LED is flashing. It’s not getting cold at all. I thought I could hear the compressor running earlier yesterday but it wasn’t when I checked last night.

Sounds like a voltage issue I had the same when I bought my van, the seller even bought and gave me a new fridge

Sounds like a voltage issue I had the same when I bought my van, the seller even bought and gave me a new fridge
Ok, thanks that. I checked the fridge this morning (I left it on hook up over night) and it was still the the same, however the fridge was coolish, I left a thermometer in there and was 5 degreesC. The freezer compartment wasn’t though.

I’ve just checked in the Sterling Power unit and it’s displaying as in the photo (with the engine running). It doesn’t display at all if the engine is off. Is that correct?

when mine is on then both the input (top row) and output (bottom row) are illuminated but only ever two adjacent leds never a gap like yours on the bottom set.
when engine off then it continues to run for about a minute then shuts down, it detects the input voltage drop and the timer kicks in to close down.
I would think you have not set it up correctly after you did the reset to default and those are error lights rather than charging lights
have a look at this video

when mine is on then both the input (top row) and output (bottom row) are illuminated but only ever two adjacent leds never a gap like yours on the bottom set.
when engine off then it continues to run for about a minute then shuts down, it detects the input voltage drop and the timer kicks in to close down.
Yes mines the same, cuts off after a minute. I never seem to have an input voltage displayed.

On a separate note. Should power in the back cut off when you start the engine? Mine seems to stay on, but I’m sure the conversion place said the power at the back cuts out when driving?

Yes mines the same, cuts off after a minute. I never seem to have an input voltage displayed.

On a separate note. Should power in the back cut off when you start the engine? Mine seems to stay on, but I’m sure the conversion place said the power at the back cuts out when driving?
Just been out to check and, on mine, when running both sets are illuminate. The top showing voltage coming in from vehicle battery and the lower the voltage going out to the leisure battery.
when engine off the input lights go out and the output stay on until the timer kicks in and shuts it down.

[/QUOTE]

if your internal 12v power supply in managed by a Sargent system then there is a ‘run’ signal connected which will turn off the 12v sockets/lights etc when the engine is running.
they say this is to comply with some ‘legality’ in the motor home category. In a motor home this also switches the fridge mode from mains/gas over to 12v but this is irrelevant in a campervan with a compressor fridge rather than a 3 way but you may be onto something here?......

Just been out to check and, on mine, when running both sets are illuminate. The top showing voltage coming in from vehicle battery and the lower the voltage going out to the leisure battery.
when engine off the input lights go out and the output stay on until the timer kicks in and shuts it down.
Ok, thanks for checking. Just restarted the engine and sounds more like what you’re is doing now (see picture). Don’t know what has changed!

Also my EC50 control is different to before, I could select between batteries when the engine was on before and now I can’t. Think it’s working how it should be now?

1D011451-E66F-4500-823E-808390EAABA7.jpeg

Ok, thanks for checking. Just restarted the engine and sounds more like what you’re is doing now (see picture). Don’t what has changed!

Also my EC50 control is different to before, I could select between batteries when the engine was on before and now I can’t. Think it’s working how it should be now?
aha, that’s sounds good lets hope the little gremlin has left! Has it fixed your fridge issue?

aha, that’s sounds good lets hope the little gremlin has left!
Hope so mate, thanks for your help. I’m sure the power stayed on before though when the engine was on! Worrying but hopefully just the gremlin!

Back to the fridge orange light issue now.

Back