Dometic CRX Orange Solid Light On

Hi all! Looking for some troubleshooting advice for my Dometic fridge, for folks who may be familiar.
I have a Dometic CRX fridge for my van and its brand new. I installed it and it ran for a little bit and got cold. However, the an orange solid light (no flashing) came on and the fridge will try to start but stop. Does anyone know what might have happened and what I may need to do? I'm powering it DC with a 12 gauge wire and fuse block.

Have you read the manual? If not it’s available online on the Dometic website.

Orange led means the compressor is off and usually means the fridge is at temperature. 12 gauge equates to 4mm wire so that should be fine. Silly question perhaps but how do you know the compressor is trying to kick in? Most faults will be indicated by the red led on the control panel flashing in one of 5 different patterns

95% of the fridge issues on here are due to low voltage at the fridge caused by poor or uncharged battery, or poor wiring, or a poor wiring connection.

What is the voltage put out by the battery when the fridge is running and trying to start ?

Pete

Back