Alloy wheel: Paralysis by Analysis!

IainC

Hi. New here, first time post and sorry if this is a lame post!!

I’m currently looking at new alloys for our 2016 T6 transporter (T30). We’ve had her since new with 18” Springfield’s. They’re a bit tired and need a refurb, so was thinking now was a good time to upgrade as well as add a few various ABT styling bits etc.

I’ve decided on 19’s, not black or silver, ideally a dark (ish) grey matt type colour. I’ve looked at many online, lots of choice all with varying stats etc. The front runner in design that has a fairly good colour match are the MB Design Wheel KV4 8.5x19, 120x5, ET42 load rated 850kg.they seem pricy, so I need to get this right!

Not sure which colour to go for, either the Gunmetal or the Black Smoke. Our T6 is in Starlight Blue. Any thoughts?

I’m finding the various measurements a struggle to ensure they fit appropriately and don’t screw up the speedo or stick out beyond the arches etc. I’ve looked on “Will they fit” and it seems ok, although I am unsure if having a Speedo error of -3.57 is something I need to be worried about?

Thanks in advance.

IMG_3356.jpeg

IMG_3358.jpeg

IMG_3357.jpeg

IMG_3360.jpeg

Welcome.
Those tyre and wheel offsets will be fine, unless are you lowered more than 70mm. Polished wheels are more susceptible to white worm. I’d go for the painted finish.
Be sure to post up some photos.

Thanks for the tip! Our T6 is lowered by 30mm I think, to keep it inside VW specs for warranty but that’s well gone now. Does that change your thoughts knowing this additional info?

I run 19x8.5 ET35 with 245/45 tyres on a 60mm drop. The speedo is bang on with the GPS.

Thanks for the tip! Our T6 is lowered by 30mm I think, to keep it inside VW specs for warranty but that’s well gone now. Does that change your thoughts knowing this additional info?
No, that set up will work fine.
You could consider some 15mm spacers for the rear which would improve the looks but it’s personal preference and they certainly wouldn’t be necessary to fit the wheels.

Welcome on board.
If your new wheels are going to be pricey, get yourself a VIP membership for the forum and put your old ones up for sale. I think Springfield are a fairly rare wheel and will likely be snapped up.

Back