Do you have EHU under your bonnet?

T6Jay

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I do. I was always a bit worried that the cable would somehow get trapped somewhere when closing the bonnet, more so if Mrs T6Jay plugs in as she's not as mechanically sympathetic as me. So I've designed and printed this;

1623409345675.png1623409446015.png

It fits into the existing hole in the T6.1 plastic moulding, no holes to drill, no tools needed (just a penny). There's plenty of clearance for the cable here with the bonnet closed.

Would anyone like one of these?

If there's enough interest I can add some design features, and take this to the 'For Sale' section

• Adapt to fit T6 and T5 (if necessary)
  • Any colour
  • Any cable size
  • Increase the length of the cable channel to go past the top lip
  • Add a microswitch to provide a warning in the cab if the ignition is turned on with EHU cable in place
  • Any other suggestions you can make?
Here's a video showing how it fits;

I have a T6 and a much thicker EHU cable than that, no issues closing the bonnet

I have a T6 and a much thicker EHU cable than that, no issues closing the bonnet
Yes I realise there's a big enough gap, and if you know where to place the cable there's no issue.

This just makes it obvious where the cable should run, for anyone who doesn't already know. I plan to incorporate a microswitch too, and have a warning in the cab if the ignition goes on while a cable is clipped in.

Does the T6 have the same black plastic trim with an oval hole in it like the T6.1?

OK, understood.
I just tie the cable bag to the steering wheel.

Back