Do you cook in your campervan?

We cook inside the van if the weather isn’t great, but tend to use an electric Remoska, rather than our gas hob so nothing that spits fat anywhere.

We also cook inside the van as needed or when weather is bad or stopped for a lunch break somewhere. We have enough battery power cook on an induction hub and save the gas. With a victron 30amp Orion-Tr Smart DC-DC charger can be charged up by the time we arrive at location or overnight parking.

Ideally I like to cook outside, but that’s not always possible with the weather or the camping location. The hob is mostly used for doing a brew but it’s handy for cooking when needed.

IMG_4205.jpegIMG_4206.jpeg

In the winter months yes we cook inside with the window open. Typically a fry up in the morning and ping meals at night :) i do not think it smells the van up to much and i never thought id cook in the van. Each to their own thou.

In the winter months yes we cook inside with the window open. Typically a fry up in the morning and ping meals at night :) i do not think it smells the van up to much and i never thought id cook in the van. Each to their own thou.
What’s a “ping” meal or is that a typo?

Haven't finished building it yet but I will be planning on cooking inside, yes. It's why I've been 'fixing' my sliding windows, they come in handy when cooking.

I've got a portable cadac 2 burner stove so can take it outside if it's dry, and with it not being a fixed stove I'll be able switch to induction easily if/when I fit an inverter.

First weekend away we did, since then it’s been outside on the Cadac.
I did fire up the jetboil for a brew inside the other week as it was a bit cold and blowy outside, but that was just on a pit stop, so no awning up.

Just make sure you have some airflow and ventilation and you'll be fine. And preferably no really smelly stuff!

Ideally I like to cook outside, but that’s not always possible with the weather or the camping location. The hob is mostly used for doing a brew but it’s handy for cooking when needed.

View attachment 232536View attachment 232537

How can you not be tempted by that! That's impressive if you've just got 2 hobs!!

I’ve got a caravan with a decent size oven / hob but even then it’s rarely used, I absolutely love cooking outside on the cadac in all weathers and there’s no lingering smell!

So, I've gone for a bit of a hybrid inside outside thing...to retain plenty of interior space and avoid spahetti fug and bacon splats (no that's not a children's TV show) on the inside.

Under normal conditions..

DSC07712.JPG

A casual lunch in the rain...

PXL_20231220_135230651.jpg

or a total deluge is Scotaland under the awning...
DSC07737.JPG

Or just a cheeky cuppa after a long walk...

PXL_20231125_121224411.jpg

Back