Do Coilovers bottom out?

Im on b14's that i fitted myself and fine fettled to get her how i wanted...
i guess they could get to the near maximum of their travel but should firm up to avoid that... certainly shouldnt bang as you describe!?
i run 275 40 20's and im kinda up to the top on the front threads... looks the part...but not silly low..
the coooooomfiest bloody van i have ever been in... i catch the arch liner once in a blue moon... harsh dip in road etc perhaps..
on about maybe going 265/40/20 on next tyres just to assist...
used to have just h@r springs on the t5 i had and it was ok but nothing like now..

love mine... love the ride... may even put the roll bars on at some stage.. (when i run out if crap to do lol)

View attachment 81109

I use to catch the arch liner too when i had my 20s, i was running all the way down on rear and 15mm up on front

and dont forget anti-roll bar mod for stopping that rolling in the van..

Mine still leans on b14s (ill be honest i dont think much too the suspension at all... the bc coil overs i had on my TT for track were far comfier!!!)

Dearer doesnt mean anything actually , The way prices are at the moment you cant be sure what you are getting , always insist on a TUV certificate , I know it isnt a UK recognised certification but that makes UK odd not everyone else , IN europe you wont be allowed on the streets with s supension kit NOT approved

The cost isn’t the main factor in my opinion
I had the cheaper ones fitted at the converters, so that’s say £500 down the pan to start with
If they were £1000 and did what they said it’s not a problem but if I paid that and they were poor I would be pi@@ed off
Visa versa really with a cheap set, lots of people are with them

@Andyf Have you still not made a decision yet?!

I didn’t take this long choosing the van, or our house or the wife in fact!!!

Maybe, deep down you don’t want uprated suspension?

I’ve been bit once, just trying to get it right this time around Lol

everything i do bites me in the arse...lol... must do everything twice... will admit it does get boring...
go with your gut vibe... normally ok.....and if not....can always change it...:sneaky:

think i got b14's for circa £850-900...and got my vat back...work van innit bruv....ahem...
but then fitted myself with brews, bacon butties and abuse with a mate..
the ride quality compared to norm lowering springs...is unreal... my missis was the one to mention the difference so much...
win win chicken dinner if the missis is happy..:mexican wave:

think i got b14's for circa £850-900...and got my vat back...work van innit bruv....ahem...
but then fitted myself with brews, bacon butties and abuse with a mate..
the ride quality compared to norm lowering springs...is unreal... my missis was the one to mention the difference so much...
win win chicken dinner if the missis is happy..:mexican wave:

LOL
We’re did you buy your B14,s from

merseyspeed....gaaaaaawd that took me yonks to find...i couldn't find my spare invoice and i went hunting online...
they have a bizarre website where you press things and don't get the link you want but they are legit and good on the phone.
also they do stuff on ebay and i found it there also..

call them for free postage...and ensure you tell them what model...as t32 is obv different on the front shock mountings..

£989 all in at mo..

their site linky also....www.merseyspeed.co.uk

Back