DIY - Electrics any good how to guides?

harriot

I've had a read through and a search for any similar topics, so I'm sorry if this really has been posted 100 times.

This conversion will be for weekend use, the occasional week trip and maybe a festival or two.

We need usb ports, lights - nothing too crazy like heating etc.

So I'm thinking I will need a leisure battery with split charge relay and maybe somewhere to connect to an electric pitch at a campsite? I've seen solar panels however I think thats a bit much to start with if it's for occasional use.

I've been quoted £1000-1500 for Split Charge Relay with leisure battery installation with somewhere to connect to an electric pitch at a campsite - to me doesn't even include all of the sockets/wires etc.

What are really good explanation guides for simple set ups that you have found easy to understand and helpful?

I don't really have an electrical background, I'm a programmer by day so thats just bashing a keyboard!

Thanks

Have a search on here, loads of info is available. @Dellmassive has some good guides. Split charge relay is no good for our T6's with smart alternators. You need to be looking at a DC-DC charger.

If you are in Manchester so could do a social distance meet and I could go through the basics if you like?

Have a good brows through Greg Virgoes vlogs, very informative and detailed.

Back