Dipetane-Possibly good stuff.

Given that this stuff seems to have de-coked my Wallas hob within a few hours of use, I'm not so sure about that @Loz.
So where do think it went, if it didn’t burn it?

I don't understand what this comment means?

My understanding is that Dipetane does not contain cetane boosters. Do you know something to the contrary, as cetane boosters will surely add coke build up to the egr/dpf?

Dipetane claims to increase the air/fuel mix ratio.......Goodness knows how this is possible, but that is the claim.

Does someone "sciency boffin" on this forum know if this is possible?

If this is impossible then surely Trading Standards would have been on their case by now?
I’m a sciencey boffin (organic chemist), and the ‘explanation’ is nonsense, it’s just a word salad.

Engine designers and fuel chemists who know more than I do about this will carefully optimise the fuel/air mix, so bunging in some random petroleum distillate/snake oil is unlikely to be a miracle cure.

So where do think it went, if it didn’t burn it?
Well, I am somewhat of a simpleton when it comes to DPF systems, so I may be about to make myself look daft!

Here's my thinking - My van is pretty new (6k on clock) and I'd like to think I don't have a build up of coke which will be required to belch out of my exhaust with the use of an additive, which admittedly the dpf would be required to deal with.

If Dipetane does what the manufacturers claim, I will get cleaner burning and the dpf won't consequently suffer from additional coking up. I will benefit from less regens. I should also see minimal increase in fuel economy, as excess fuel won't be being injected on the exhaust stroke as frequently, as I understand that this is what happens during a regen to ensure there is enough heat to deal with the exhaust process.

My Wallas on the other hand is coked up because as mentioned above- I am a simpleton and I blocked the exhaust and persistently forced it to try to start until such time as the glow plug was well and truly sooted up. Once Dipetane was added, the heater exhaust was hotter and smoked and stank! (or is that stunk?)

Now, please go easy on me when you reply telling me I am a moron! :D

Read this, I’m off to pub for some Jail, mmmm

Of course!..... @DXX has provided the detail and a quick read has led me to the following conclusion -

Stoichiometric or Theoretical Combustion is the ideal combustion process where fuel is burned completely. The below formula expresses the combustion process:

C + H (fuel)] + [O2 + N2 (Air)] -> (Combustion Process) -> [CO2 + H2O + N2 (Heat)]

where
C = Carbon
H = Hydrogen
O = Oxygen
N = Nitrogen

So, in layman terms what this means is that Dipetane is sold as a 100% Hydocarbon product and given the above formula, Trading Standards are probably never going to be smart enough to prove anything at all!
:fast rofl:

Last edited:
Of course!..... @DXX has provided the detail and a quick read has led me to the following conclusion -

Stoichiometric or Theoretical Combustion is the ideal combustion process where fuel is burned completely. The below formula expresses the combustion process:

C + H (fuel)] + [O2 + N2 (Air)] -> (Combustion Process) -> [CO2 + H2O + N2 (Heat)]

where
C = Carbon
H = Hydrogen
O = Oxygen
N = Nitrogen

So, in layman terms what this means is that Dipetane is sold as a 100% Hydocarbon product and given the above formula, Trading Standards are probably never going to me smart enough to prove anything at all!
:fast rofl:

Oh my god that linked article is such drivel! Molecular hydrogen (H2) in flue gas? I think the author has been sniffing too much NO2.

I have no diagnostic device or software (although I wish I had but haven’t a clue what all the codes mean and mostly I’m afraid of getting sucked down another wormhole I don’t need in my life ) so I don’t know how much ash is in my DPF but it is a constant worry due to the mostly short journey nature of my van’s use…… wife uses it for short run daily driver with child/ dog etc. although I rag it in sport mode whenever I drive to somehow cancel out the build up!
As the DPF clog is an issue I‘d rather not deal with (not present with my pre- DPF dirty 3.0 TDI Quattro A6…. Runs like a top ) I read the first post and immediately went on Amazon and bought some of this stuff as I hate all the parked up regen!

What I really want to know is: WILL THIS MESS MY ENGINE UP IN ANY WAY?

Answers from any boffins or otherwise are very welcome before I tip it in my tank….I don’t mind if there are no benefits and I happily never buy another bottle but don’t want to cause any future problems…..

Looking forward to all your opinions!

I have no diagnostic device or software (although I wish I had but haven’t a clue what all the codes mean and mostly I’m afraid of getting sucked down another wormhole I don’t need in my life ) so I don’t know how much ash is in my DPF but it is a constant worry due to the mostly short journey nature of my van’s use…… wife uses it for short run daily driver with child/ dog etc. although I rag it in sport mode whenever I drive to somehow cancel out the build up!
As the DPF clog is an issue I‘d rather not deal with (not present with my pre- DPF dirty 3.0 TDI Quattro A6…. Runs like a top ) I read the first post and immediately went on Amazon and bought some of this stuff as I hate all the parked up regen!

Answers from any boffins or otherwise are very welcome before I tip it in my tank….I don’t mind if there are no benefits and I happily never buy another bottle but don’t want to cause any future problems…..

Looking forward to all your opinions!
I have the same question but for that 100% authentic snake oil shampoo I just bought off eBay using the link above.

I imagine the bubbles will cleanse the DPF nicely AND act as a sweet line in the cylinders.

If you want to buy some magic diesel at £11/litre I’ve got some for you. Guaranteed not to damage your engine, works with your existing system, contains quantum chemistry and my own special blend of alkanes, completely free of unicorn droppings and pixie dust.

Myself and a few other forum members are using Hydra Maximus, I’ve been using it approximately 6 months and noticed my 110 engine is a lot smoother, accelerates better but not noticed any difference in fuel consumption.

John.

Be careful...... @drinfinity will be destroying any integrity that Hydra Maximus may have ever had shortly! :D

I'm sticking with my experiment and will report back. I may be considered an idiot by some because it is "snake oil", but it won't do any harm and if I want to spend a couple of quid on a pointless experiment then that is what I shall do!

As for @Sparkyis comment of:
I suspect that this stuff achieves very little in terms of fuel efficiency, but I am confident it won't have any negative effects.

I am sticking to my guns as per my initial post where I stated that I trust my colleague.

He has had a rough time with misusing his Eu6 diesel by driving short distances daily and a lack of motorway miles. This stuff has eased his woes and he has seen enough of an improvement to part with his cash for this stuff....... I've been to the pub with this chap and can confirm he is as tight as a ducks!...... Good enough for me to take a punt!

Well you did invite me to comment, so I’ll just leave this here. And can I have Chilli sauce onions with my oxygen Doner please.

OXYGEN DONER NANO-MOLECULAR CATALYST

Anyway, I’m off to prepare an aqueous solution of ethanol, carbonic acid and quinine, so I refer you to my esteemed colleague Prof. T Waits.

Well you did invite me to comment, so I’ll just leave this here. And can I have Chilli sauce onions with my oxygen Doner please.

OXYGEN DONER NANO-MOLECULAR CATALYST
The problem here is that you are clearly a very well educated chap, whereas I am a dimwit! I will accept that you are almost certainly right, but need to waste some money on an unproven product, to prove this to myself first!

Anyway, I’m off to prepare an aqueous solution of ethanol, carbonic acid and quinine, so I refer you to my esteemed colleague Prof. T Waits.

Quinine! You and your additives!

I'm sticking with my experiment and will report back. I may be considered an idiot by some because it is "snake oil", but
Hey, just for the record, you’re not an idiot in my book.
Like you, and I suspect most of the others on here, I have my own ideas about various stuff and I like to try them out from time to time.
Nobody can knock you for trying.
And for trying in public, even if you suspect it might not go well, and be willing to share your results and even take a roasting! - that’s brave, open and bold… and I like it.

Hey, just for the record, you’re not an idiot in my book.
Like you, and I suspect most of the others on here, I have my own ideas about various stuff and I like to try them out from time to time.
Nobody can knock you for trying.
And for trying in public, even if you suspect it might not go well, and be willing to share your results and even take a roasting! - that’s brave, open and bold… and I like it.
I agree with you...I don't consider Samro an idiot for trying something like, this in an attempt to prevent any failure. Nothing ventured , nothing gained.
I have been trialing FTC De-carbonizer, as VW replaced my EGR under goodwill, at 32.000ks. I am hoping it might take a bit longer before I have to replace it next time.
don't know if it will work, but feel as if I am trying my best.....same as you Samro.
Good luck...here's hoping.
Cheers

Back