On holiday…500 miles in and the dash lights up like the Grizwalds at Christmas.

J3AAY

T6 Pro
Afternoon all,

Just after some potential causes for the dash lights to all come on at the same time. I wouldn’t normally ask about warning lights - self explanatory. BUT a few came on together.

So, 300 miles in to a 500 mile trip to our holiday destination and I pull in for a rest. Van driving lovely.

Go to resume and ‘ping’ - ACC fault, ABS fault, stop start fault, tyre pressure sensor fault and driver collision fault. Van drove as normal to our destination - I just had an achy foot from not having adaptive cruise.

Get to our destination and turn off to go into reception…come out start the van and all warnings gone.

A couple days later (today) we go out for a trip and ‘ping’ all on again. Multiple restarts today but not going out.

Info to note: 2017 high line, DSG, 44k. No faults over the last month (since buying it).

I had a Westfalia 13pin tow bar fitted (professionally) two weeks ago.

I’ve changed the alloys over to genuine sportlines with new tyres.

Had new brake pads all round at VW just before I bought it (~1500 miles ago).

All running fine without warnings for the last ~1000 miles.

Any ideas? I wondered about a dicky battery. Possibly a wheel speed sensor?

I’m in France with Breakdown cover, but don’t know if they’d cover orange warnings - only red ones.

Any advice appreciated!

Might need a code scan for direction.

But first thought that comes to mind is a ABS wheel sensor?

A local auto cEnter should be able to do a code read.?

Wheel speed sensor shouldn't be to much trouble to swap over there....

Maybe a local VWCV garage?

Thanks gents, both suggestions I thought as plausible. It’s a 2017 plate - original battery (43k on it).

I’ll see what the RAC say.

Cheers

Thanks gents, both suggestions I thought as plausible. It’s a 2017 plate - original battery (43k on it).

I’ll see what the RAC say.

Cheers
I replaced the battery on my 2017 Shuttle a few months ago. I think your symptoms may be battery related.
Since then, stop-start has worked properly..

Hi everyone
I have just had the same problem with dash lights flickering on and now they are on permanently
Wheel tyre pressure
ABS
Stop start
Traction control
Mine is a T6 DSG 204 (18 plate )
Did you manage to solve the problem
Any advice gratefully received

Hi everyone
I have just had the same problem with dash lights flickering on and now they are on permanently
Wheel tyre pressure
ABS
Stop start
Traction control
Mine is a T6 DSG 204 (18 plate )
Did you manage to solve the problem
Any advice gratefully received
Have you had the battery tested?

Afternoon all,

Just after some potential causes for the dash lights to all come on at the same time. I wouldn’t normally ask about warning lights - self explanatory. BUT a few came on together.

So, 300 miles in to a 500 mile trip to our holiday destination and I pull in for a rest. Van driving lovely.

Go to resume and ‘ping’ - ACC fault, ABS fault, stop start fault, tyre pressure sensor fault and driver collision fault. Van drove as normal to our destination - I just had an achy foot from not having adaptive cruise.

Get to our destination and turn off to go into reception…come out start the van and all warnings gone.

A couple days later (today) we go out for a trip and ‘ping’ all on again. Multiple restarts today but not going out.

Info to note: 2017 high line, DSG, 44k. No faults over the last month (since buying it).

I had a Westfalia 13pin tow bar fitted (professionally) two weeks ago.

I’ve changed the alloys over to genuine sportlines with new tyres.

Had new brake pads all round at VW just before I bought it (~1500 miles ago).

All running fine without warnings for the last ~1000 miles.

Any ideas? I wondered about a dicky battery. Possibly a wheel speed sensor?

I’m in France with Breakdown cover, but don’t know if they’d cover orange warnings - only red ones.

Any advice appreciated!
hi. Mines a 2020 T6.1 and i got all these warnings couple weeks back. I was in getting tyres and on startup outside the tyre place all the warnings came up. I let it run a bit and restarted again and all warnings were gone. I just informed the tyre place while i was still there just in case something had happened. 7 - 800 kms since and no warnings since.

Hi All
Had similar issues, out in France as well.

ABS error light & message came on while driving into Chamonix from Switzerland.

Stopped - so bakes still working - and checked tyres, brake fluid and if switching on/off would reboot.

ABS error light still on

Got checked by VW dealer garage, told that passenger front sensor was faulty. Apparently the most common cause of the message. Also told ABS would still be working and as it would be weeks before they could do anything it would be safe to drive home with light on

Now getting a pinging sound, red brake warning light and fuel needle waving high and low!

Other than the ABS error light all other warnings dissappear after running engine for few minutes

Nearly home

Hi all, @J3AAY did you get this sorted? I'm going away at the weekend and just had this issue. It pings on startup and the error comes up saying no esc or front collision monitor plus the lights stay on. From searching on here it seems it might be an abs sensor like you say the garage told you. Can anyone advise how to diagnose please? Will Carista tell me which sensor is at fault on which wheel?

20230810_200651.jpg

Hi all, @J3AAY did you get this sorted? I'm going away at the weekend and just had this issue. It pings on startup and the error comes up saying no esc or front collision monitor plus the lights stay on. From searching on here it seems it might be an abs sensor like you say the garage told you. Can anyone advise how to diagnose please? Will Carista tell me which sensor is at fault on which wheel?
Yes, Carista or VAGCOM should help

That ABS light illumination is the same as my issue. What appears to happen is if you don't resolve it, there is a Chain reaction and glow plug light flashes, the speedo goes and the fuel gauge. Due to everything being informed by the ABS sensor on the inside of the spinning wheel

The solution so far - 3 visits to the garage. Visit 1. New passenger front wheel sensor replacement. 1 mile from garage ABS back on

Visit 2. More investigating think might be front drivers side sensor

Visit 3. Clean wheel, bearing and gap between the wheel and sensor

So far no lights

View attachment 209916
I've got exactly the same with one month to go to MOT. Is this a fail? Also how do I know if it's a class 4 or 7 for the MOT? My local (trusted) garage can do class 4s but he reckons he can't tell from old MOT etc. It's a T30. Any advice welcome before I commit to MOT - would prefer local garage.

View attachment 209916
I reckon that's a wheel speed sensor.

I've got exactly the same with one month to go to MOT. Is this a fail? Also how do I know if it's a class 4 or 7 for the MOT? My local (trusted) garage can do class 4s but he reckons he can't tell from old MOT etc. It's a T30. Any advice welcome before I commit to MOT - would prefer local garage.
And yes it's an mot fail

T30 is class 4

Back