WeConnect Primary User

willgr

2023 T6.1 T30 LWB
VIP Member
Hi

So I’ve had my T6.1 Highline PV for a month now, and try as I might I cannot get the van to complete the process of setting a Primary User. I can get to point where I’m asked to use two separate keys to authenticate in the van… but then it always fails.
VW have referred me to the dealer, whibhave been instructed to do something akin to a full factory reset of the system, but I have a retro-fitted digital dash, and I’ll lose all the coding for that if they do it.. and no guarantee it’ll work.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue? How did you fix it?

Thanks!

PS: Converter that installed the dash is no where near me.. so just “re-coding the dash” after the dealer has finished messing isn’t an option.

Just posting an update in case it helps anyone else… or in case anyone knows the answer!

The dealer has reset the software, and done an upgrade to the Discover Media Pro unit, but the WeConnect online services still don’t work, and the unit will not allow me to set a Primary User. They are now telling me that this is because of the retrofitted digital dash, and that the van needs the original dashboard fitted in order to authenticate with VW servers, ie I can’t use online services if I want to keep the digital dash.

So, has anyone else had the same problem with a retrofit “virtual cockpit”?

Does anyone know if it’s possible to code/flash a digital dash with the info from the original analogue unit to get it to work?

Has anyone else had an email saying weconnect is being discontinued and replaced with a new Vw app?

Yes. It’s a new app, but all the same functionality. Just install the new app, and remove the old one. It all works the same.

I have the same issue and not found a solution yet. I do not want to reset and lose coding for digi dash and speakers. If you find any solution please do let me know and I will do likewise.

I have the same issue and not found a solution yet. I do not want to reset and lose coding for digi dash and speakers. If you find any solution please do let me know and I will do likewise.
All I can tell you is that VW told me that I needed to put the original factory coded analogue dash back in to make it work. I didn’t believe them - but did it anyway. After a couple of weeks of trying the process occasionally (and it continuing to fail each time) it finally worked one day. No obvious rhyme or reason for it.. it just did.
I now have the digital dash back in (and everything recoded) and the system continues to work fine.. but there did seem to be something funny about the initial primary user registration process.

Having said all that.. it could have just been a coincidence!

Back