Different tires, front and back, 20inch T32

Sibo468

Hi all,

Just purchased a T6 Kombi, 204 T32. The front offside tire is very worn on the outside (tracking??) so needs to be replaced.

I have 20 inch alloys with EP Tyres Accelera PHI 2 275/35 ZR20 102Y XL. My thinking was to just replace like for like, but upon a quick google search and reading some of the comments here, they sound like terrible tires! Buy EP Tyres Accelera PHI 2 275/35 ZR20 102Y XL Tyres Online

Not sure, what to do. Get two new front tires from a brand with a better rep, or just stick with the EP tires.

Any advice is welcome, thanks

There is a lot of talk on here saying that 102y tyres are under rated for a T32.

And should be 103Y for the weight.

Do they offer those tyres in a 103y XL variety?

As soon as you've got 4 good tyres, get the tracking sorted otherwise you'll very quickly destroy the front tyre(s).
Cheap tyres rarely work out cheap in the long run.

Hi everyone,

I currently have some 275/35/20 tires on my T32. I have to replace the rear driver side so will be replacing both rear tires.

I want some more sidewall as the ride is a little firm. Currently looking at 265/40/20 and also 245/45/20.

Question is, will those options be ok whilst still running the 275/35/20 on the front. Eventually I will get all 4 matching, but still have some life in the front tires.

Oooh thats a good idea, I had not thought of that. Nope, it's a not a 4 motion.

Currently looking at

-245/45
Pirrelli Tyre Pirelli 245/45 R20 103H XL, M+S, VOLVO | Scorpion Zero AllSeason | TyreLeader.co.uk
Nexen NEXEN 245 45 R20 103Y N FERA SU1 | Just Tyres
- 265/40
Accelera Tyre Accelera 265/40 ZR20 104Y XL | Iota ST68 | TyreLeader.co.uk
Nankang Tyre Nankang 265/40 ZR20 104Y XL | Comfort AS-1 | TyreLeader.co.uk
Nexen NEXEN 265 45 R20 108V N FERA RU1 | Just Tyres

So far, thinking to go with Nankang 265/40.

I have Accerlera Phi 275/35 currently, not had any issues but I know its worth spending what you can afford on tires. I don't push my van hard, happiest at 65mph cruising. But would be good to have some reassurance in the wet/higher speeds.

What are your wheel widths? 245 might be a bit narrow if 9.5 or 10j width. Equally 275 is too wide if 8.5j. If wheels are staggered then you can't (shouldn't) put the wider on the front.

Accellera are good budget tyres and I run them on my summer wheels in 255 40 20 but they are only 101 load index so not suitable for T32. Nankang tyres I also like and used to run the on my JDM vehicles as they stretch nicely. If you can get them in the required load index I'd go with them.

I have just put 245 45 20 on my 9.5j x 20 rims on the t32 all round and what a difference from the 275 40 20 that I fitted last time . It a lot more nimble. Tyres don’t catch the plastic front arch, less road noise , smoother ride due to the weight being on a narrower tyres and being 103 rated instead of 106. They don’t look like ballon’s and they don’t stick out on the front which has badly stone chipped the side of the van even though I have large mud flaps. They look so much better But they are a little stretched on the rim but the vans modified so it’s all part and parcel and looks well. It feels like the van has been on a diet and drives so much better. Especially pickup and cruising on the motorway. It felt so sluggish with the 275 40 20 . I very rarely used 6th gear as it was too high and made the van labor even at 75mphI have met lots of people who complain of this.

Just to add I am on stance proline coilovers on the minimum drop. Going to drop it more as there is more room to do so.

Back