Dial sweep

StudleyGlass

150 DSG Kombi/Caravelle/Air-ride
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I notice on my i40 T6 that the dials done sweep on start up, but my 150ps does not. Anyone with euro 6 models get dial sweep. can it be done with the vcds ??

Bit of a gimmick but i liked it :D

Yes it can be done with vcds.

Thanks @mark i did see your comment on it before but i was not sure if the my17 model was different as i have notice some differences in the way it works already.
I am making a list of changes to get done with vcds . Any more good tweeks ??

list so far
Auto lock/unlock
Teardrop wipe
Dash MPH
Lower speed on HBA
DRLS coming home lights (instead of headlights)
Rain closing (not sure that one works from what i have read)
Rear wiper off when reversing
auto fold mirrors............only joking :slow rofl:

Last edited:
A like the sound of some of these "tweaks"......but could vw use it to wriggle out of a warranty claim.......just a thought? Is anyone near north Leeds/Wetherby/Harrogate area with a good understanding of all this vcds voodoo stuff who fancies a few beer tokens for doing some of these?

Does anyone know the VCDS code route for "Instrument Celebration"?
Never had it on a car, but did have it on motorbikes. One of those simple things that makes you smile.

Does anyone know the VCDS code route for "Instrument Celebration"?
Never had it on a car, but did have it on motorbikes. One of those simple things that makes you smile.
From memory it's Module 17 then listed in the adaptions

Well after having a bit of a mad moment i took the plunge and purchased a vcds kit. I am a bit dangerous when its come to this kind of thing as i have said before, but after having a kind offer from @Loz to help and some support from @Pauly, Thank you, i decided to give it a go...........

Managed to get dial sweep working and MPH on the dash, now that's amazing for me !

oh dont no what to try next :)......best not get to cocky as it will all end up in trouble :slow rofl:

Last edited:
Excellent, I know where to come if I struggle to get mine to 'sweep'.
Gonna have to get Pauly to give you the magic VCDS tag on your profile.

I do not recommend you letting me anywhere near your van with a lead and laptop! it would be a mistake, I'm really not safe
As for a badge, I think not, anyone is welcome to borrow the lead but best I don't mess.

Last edited:
Have been thinking about taking the plunge with vcds. Its just the price tag of the lead. Fancy having the dial sweep, teardrop wipe and the beep on lock/unlock.

I think it's the force in me :)

Mmm I don't do beeps neither

I had mine from Marshalls Industrial Direct it's not cheap but as I will be keeping it for years I'm sure I will get my money's worth out of it.

Manage to get auto locking to work
Switched off rear wipe when reversing
Lowered speed on HBA (i think)

Next job DRLS coming home lights (instead of headlights)

Back