Exuberant wipers!

doningtonphil

VIP Member
Hello
I recently bought a 2018 T6 Startline. The windscreen wipers seem to get arried away and there is a clunking sound as if they are hitting something at the extremeities of their sweep, either along the bottom of the windscreen or when they get to their furthest vertical point. Particularly in their bottom most position there is quite the clank. There doesnt seem to be any damage where thye might be hittingn the bottom edge of teh windscreen but tit sounds like there should be.

Can anyone help?

Many thnaks

Phil

Hello
I recently bought a 2018 T6 Startline. The windscreen wipers seem to get arried away and there is a clunking sound as if they are hitting something at the extremeities of their sweep, either along the bottom of the windscreen or when they get to their furthest vertical point. Particularly in their bottom most position there is quite the clank. There doesnt seem to be any damage where thye might be hittingn the bottom edge of teh windscreen but tit sounds like there should be.

Can anyone help?

Many thnaks

Phil
Sounds like one or both have been fitted on the drive splines in the wrong position OR the wrong wiper blades have been fitted.
Either way a quick and simple fix.

Thanks DXX
I did wonder about the drive splines. How easy to remedy? I have seen other posts referencec 'Wiper pullers'. Are the wipers easy to remove and rotate around to the next spline?

I will also check out the actual wipers

You can use a wiper puller or you may be lucky and they pull off without one.
Before removing, measure the wiper blades and check that you have the correct size fitted.
If so mark the existing wiper position with a piece of tape on the windscreen, remove the wiper and refit with the correct adjustment in position.

Back