Dial sweep

What did mean by Alarm lock signal, is that a just beep when you lock the doors ?

Yes it sounds on lock and unlock, will give it a try but may change as reminds me of the old moss alarm ;) albeit not on a mg metro

Reactions: Rob
Mmm I don't do beeping really lol
Going to swap headlights to fogs on coming home mode next I think , when I get a minute

@StudleyGlass it's binary, so a 0 is remove the tick from the box, and a 1 is putting a tick in the box.
If you look at the words at the end of the descriptor adjacent to the tick box of bit 6, i think it says something like "0 = headlight, 1 = fog light". Therefore tick in the box if you want it to be headlights; or, no tick in the box for fog lights. (Hope that helps).
I did this on mine on Friday, it looks amazing with LED headlights, cos it puts the LED sidelights on with the fogs.

Last edited:
Spent ages on Friday messing about trying to get dial sweep sorted on VCDS. Every time i went in it said it was active. Turned VCDs off, turned it on, no joy. Gave up, packed it away, turned on ignition to drive off, then like a royal tool, realised the dials were already doing it. What a prize knob head. :mad:

Thank you @DaveyB. I knew i was just being simple as usual.
Yes thats better just need to swap the bulbs now to some white ones instead of yellow ;)

I think i have done all i understand in there now. There are a couple of headings about separate door locking , is this when you can just unlock the drivers door with a press but a longer press opens all doors , i have had this on another vehicle before?

Thank you @DaveyB. I knew i was just being simple as usual.
Yes thats better just need to swap the bulbs now to some white ones instead of yellow ;)

I think i have done all i understand in there now. There are a couple of headings about separate door locking , is this when you can just unlock the drivers door with a press but a longer press opens all doors , i have had this on another vehicle before?
I had a play with that function a couple of weeks ago, and did not get it to do anything different; one press of the key pad still unlocked everything. I was equally hoping that it'd be like other cars I've had where a single press unlocks driver door and a double press unlocks all other doors.
I'm sure the function must do something similar, I just couldn't figure it out.

UPDATE my vcds has just updated to a new version 16.8.4, any one had a look at it yet , or has it only arrived today?

Last edited:
Am I correct in thinking that you are mainly paying for the cable as someone has said? Also are the software updates free ?

Yes software updates are free, all part of the licence and cable package from ross-tech

Last edited:
Mine does it from the factory!

I'm pretty sure it's part of the Comfort Dash package :p

Only the larger engines do it as standard
I had to turn it on for my 140

Back