1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dial sweep

Discussion in 'VCDS / VAGCOM Information & Requests' started by StudleyGlass, 5 Nov 2016.

1. Mark Woodhouse

Mark Woodhouse Member VCDS User VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    StudleyGlass likes this.
  2. StudleyGlass

StudleyGlass Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    What did mean by Alarm lock signal, is that a just beep when you lock the doors ?

3. Mark Woodhouse

Map
    Yes it sounds on lock and unlock, will give it a try but may change as reminds me of the old moss alarm ;) albeit not on a mg metro

Rob likes this.
  4. StudleyGlass

Map
    Mmm I don't do beeping really lol
    Going to swap headlights to fogs on coming home mode next I think , when I get a minute

5. Mark Woodhouse

Map
    Yes may try that myself, and where that's located

6. StudleyGlass

Map
    Its here apparently :)

7. HHO

HHO Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Moss alarms. That takes me back. I was posh - I had a Waso :whistle:

NIKGRIFF likes this.
  8. StudleyGlass

Map
    I have found this but how do you select fogs ? its just a tick box, do you have to change the letters in the box to the numbers?

9. DaveyB

DaveyB Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    @StudleyGlass it's binary, so a 0 is remove the tick from the box, and a 1 is putting a tick in the box.
    If you look at the words at the end of the descriptor adjacent to the tick box of bit 6, i think it says something like "0 = headlight, 1 = fog light". Therefore tick in the box if you want it to be headlights; or, no tick in the box for fog lights. (Hope that helps).
    I did this on mine on Friday, it looks amazing with LED headlights, cos it puts the LED sidelights on with the fogs.

Last edited: 27 Nov 2016
    StudleyGlass likes this.
  10. DaveyB

Map
    Spent ages on Friday messing about trying to get dial sweep sorted on VCDS. Every time i went in it said it was active. Turned VCDs off, turned it on, no joy. Gave up, packed it away, turned on ignition to drive off, then like a royal tool, realised the dials were already doing it. What a prize knob head. :mad:

StudleyGlass and Pauly like this.
  11. StudleyGlass

Map
    Thank you @DaveyB. I knew i was just being simple as usual.
    Yes thats better just need to swap the bulbs now to some white ones instead of yellow ;)

I think i have done all i understand in there now. There are a couple of headings about separate door locking , is this when you can just unlock the drivers door with a press but a longer press opens all doors , i have had this on another vehicle before?

12. DaveyB

Map
    I had a play with that function a couple of weeks ago, and did not get it to do anything different; one press of the key pad still unlocked everything. I was equally hoping that it'd be like other cars I've had where a single press unlocks driver door and a double press unlocks all other doors.
    I'm sure the function must do something similar, I just couldn't figure it out.

13. StudleyGlass

Map
    Fogs and LED's
    20161127_204338.jpg

14. StudleyGlass

Map
    UPDATE my vcds has just updated to a new version 16.8.4, any one had a look at it yet , or has it only arrived today?

Last edited: 29 Nov 2016