deposit refund

Chippy1970

Carpenter
T6 Guru
HI all just wondered if anyone here has got their deposit back on a factory order. I'm contemplating cancelling my order as obviously everything is badly delayed right now and I've seen some delivery mileage t6.1s cheaper on various dealers websites. By reading my paper work it says its not refundable but the dealer did let slip the other day that he has had some cancellations from people who couldnt afford to carry on.

According to Martin Lewis

New guidance to firms from the Competitions and Markt's Authority. Full refunds should apply to consumer contacts where

- no goods/service provided
- firm can't provide service due to lockdown
- Cust can't access service due to lockdown
As nothing has been provided I assume you can get a refund ??

VW are looking at incentives to increase orders and give the industry a boost ie better part ex deals etc. Putting the price up when everyone has taken a hit would not achieve this. Doesn’t make sense

I asked for my deposit to be refunded at the end of March as my work had stopped and I didn’t know how things would be.
The dealer refunded it no problem. I was about 5 weeks down the line too.

I asked for my deposit to be refunded at the end of March as my work had stopped and I didn’t know how things would be.
The dealer refunded it no problem. I was about 5 weeks down the line too.
That's good to hear.

Annoyed me a bit the other day when I mentioned if my van was delayed nearer to September then I'd rather it was a 70 plate. He gave me some bullshit trying to scare me off that idea. Why would I pay full price for a 20 plate when a few weeks after the 70 comes out lol

But if you have already ordered VW has said they will honour pre existing orders

My dealer said I'm price protected lol I should think so if I've put a grand deposit down at a certain price I wouldn't be happy if they wanted more money just because they've shut the factory.

I asked about finding me a ready built one today but they said I'd have to pay the price increase. So looks like I'm stuck with my factory order then.

Ref the ready built stock vans I’d have thought it was in the dealers interest to get stock moving rather than wait for factory build. The country needs money to start exchanging hands again.

Back