Dealers Making Changes

Martin Stockwell

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Today, I had to go to the local dealer for some other work. and whilst I was there, I thought I would ask them to make the following changes to my T6...

Acoustic Lock/Unlock
digital mph in mfd
Single press fold in mirrors on lock (instead of long press)
Anti-Jack

They were at it for over half an hour, and couldn't do any of them! wtf! anyone else experienced the same issue at there dealers, or had the above completed without problems.

By acoustic lock unlock if you mean the alarms beeps then that’s illegal now. Dealers shouldn’t do it.
I don’t think mirror press instead of long press is possible.
What do you mean by anti jack?

anti-jack as in Autolocking.

Dealers cannot do procedures that do not have a recipe for on their vas system. We can do the changes because we have purchased 3rd party programming tools.

Just purchase yourself a £30 Carista and do it yourself

By acoustic lock unlock if you mean the alarms beeps then that’s illegal now. Dealers shouldn’t do it.
I don’t think mirror press instead of long press is possible.
What do you mean by anti jack?

I believe someone else on here had there mirrors fold up after pressing the lock button once. its just one of those niggly things to have to hold down the lock button (comfort lock I think Its called) to make the mirrors fold.

I have never heard anything about acoustic lock/unlock being illegal, what makes you say its illegal?

Anti jack is a term from the Americans (where this feature originally came from) where the car will lock after driving at a speed/distance and unlock on ignition key removal.

Mirrors folding on a single press is not possible unless you use a 3rd party module like the one from Travelin-lite. The rest you can set yourself with Carista.

I believe someone else on here had there mirrors fold up after pressing the lock button once. its just one of those niggly things to have to hold down the lock button (comfort lock I think Its called) to make the mirrors fold..
Comfort folding of mirrors (long press of button) is dependant on the revision of the door modules you have. Early T6 euro 5 models can be programmed, MY16 & MY17 mostly can't without additional hardware and MY18 can from the factory without programming.

Last edited:
Comfort folding of mirrors is dependant on the revision of the door modules you have. Early T6 euro 5 models can be programmed, MY16 & MY17 mostly can't without additional hardware and MY18 can from the factory without programming.

Oky doky, now we're getting somewhere. and your talking about single press lock to fold the mirrors? How can I find out what module I have and if its programable in that particular way?

Oky doky, now we're getting somewhere. and your talking about single press lock to fold the mirrors? How can I find out what module I have and if its programable in that particular way?
Comfort operations require a long press of the key.

Correct, but as I said in my post above, Mirrors folding on a single press is not possible unless you use a 3rd party module like the one from Travelin-lite

Correct, but as I said in my post above, Mirrors folding on a single press is not possible unless you use a 3rd party module like the one from Travelin-lite

Wonder if there is a way of changing the signalling wiring to the mirror module. I understand there are additional unused places to tap into under the seats for thirdparty integration, can one of these be used I wonder instead of the comfort close signalling wire to the mirror module that sends a signal on lock?! anyone got any wiring diagrams for both the mirror module and the underseat taps?

Wonder if there is a way of changing the signalling wiring to the mirror module. I understand there are additional unused places to tap into under the seats for thirdparty integration, can one of these be used I wonder instead of the comfort close signalling wire to the mirror module that sends a signal on lock?! anyone got any wiring diagrams for both the mirror module and the underseat taps?
Not under the seat, but yes that's what the 3rd party modules do, intercept the lock signal and send a timed pulse to the mirror motors

Not under the seat, but yes that's what the 3rd party modules do, intercept the lock signal and send a timed pulse to the mirror motors
So what do people think, possible to just modify using the thirdparty integration instead?

Because it is.
I've done a google search and cannot find a single reference to this being illegal. I'd be interested to know where this idea has come from...

I have a 2018 T6 MY=18 (J), but the 'comfort' long press only closes the windows, no folding of the mirrors. Might that indicate my van doesn't have the motors fitted/enabled? From what I've read on here, 18 models should have the hardware fitted as standard.

If I get Carista will that enable me to check/tweak them? I'm not quite ready to splash out on VCDS yet :)

I have a 2018 T6 MY=18 (J), but the 'comfort' long press only closes the windows, no folding of the mirrors. Might that indicate my van doesn't have the motors fitted/enabled? From what I've read on here, 18 models should have the hardware fitted as standard.

If I get Carista will that enable me to check/tweak them? I'm not quite ready to splash out on VCDS yet :)

Do they fold when you turn the internal knob to fold?

Can you fold them on the adjuster knob? having folding mirrors in the first place is also a pre-requisite :rolleyes:

Back