Dealer Washed My Van After Being Told Not To !!

@Noddy996 @N58amx Yes Tonbridge, never really used them before and reading all the bad stories about other dealers was slightly apprehensive dropping it off this morning.

All good though, I obviously looked a nutter with the do not wash signs and getting the guy to walk round the van to show him there was not a single mark on my van and again makeing them write on the key fob do not clean (I'm sure I saw them write "weirdo" :D

Tonbridge is a bit old school small VW garage tucked out the way and not at all like a main dealer, I kinda like that. Looks like it was only my van this morning as the guy was waiting for it and it went straight in. So same guy to hand it over and doing service.
They shut at 12noon so that was his only job, change oil and tick some boxes and stamp my book. Job done.

Would recommend them for no bells and whistles old fashion style get it serviced and out. Lots of campers / California's outside and less of the commercial vans.
:thumbsup: Oh and they didn't clean it....

I rent some land to some Kurdish lads for car washing, they always do 'extra special job for my friend the big boss man' :laugh:

Always been ultra careful as I watch them like hawks, but today one of the guys uses my 6 week old BBS alloy wheel spokes to reach up to the roof... :mad:

Groan, so he's scratched one of them now, it's not the end of the world and I didn't pay for the wash obviously, but sponge jockies just don't care.

I'll be washing it myself in future.

Luckily my local dealer listened to me when I took it in for first service! 'Do not wash or vac it!'

20181205_170303.jpg

That is my local too @$immo. Been in twice, for EGR valve to be stripped down and cleaned under warranty, and for an interim service. Agree with you, they are a bit old school, but in a good way, very friendly and helpful. Just found parking there extremely tight on weekdays!
Like you, I put signs on the dash to not wash the van, and they took notice both times too.

Oh dear. Took my van to the dealers for service (as part of service plan) on Thursday last week. Stipulated clearly that I didn’t want the van washed. The chap checking me in was very understanding, and even commented “yep we get it...our wash is fine for a builders panel van, but you wouldn’t want it for a nice looking van” (absolutely right there - I definitely wouldn’t!)

For various reasons, they didn’t finish the work in time - I was then away with work Fri / Sat so couldn’t go back to collect until today...and guess what? The van has been washed!!! They had stuck a post it note over the ‘no wash note’ on the job sheet, and therefore it was missed. They were extremely apologetic and have promised to “put it right”. What do I ask for? They’ve suggested a re-detail at somewhere independent of my choice...

Feeling frustrated...but thankful they’ve been understanding and not just dismissed it!!

Back