Dealer Washed My Van After Being Told Not To !!

With VAT that I cannot claim back because we are not a VAT registered company, mine was nearer £45k, but any amount of value is hard enough to swallow.
Dropped off now, and the girl saw I was not comfortable leaving the vehicle with them, so she went out with me and recorded the full van top to bottom on her iPad, which made me feel a little better.
Probably just worrying about nothing, but from the stories reported on here numerous times, it's better to be safe I guess.

The did exactly the same with me ...checked it round outside. I pointed out the 'do not wash signs' and I took photos of all four corners, sides, front and rear

Just collected the van, and thankfully everything went silky smooth. They didn't wash it, and zero damage :thumbsup:
They even gave me a 1lt bottle of top up oil (not that i've ever needed it) and a 1lt bottle of concentrated VW screen wash for having to wait because it wasn't quite ready when I arrived at the time they told me.
Another thumbs up to Parkway Leicester. That's sales and service that i'm really happy with.

Oh and the bonus that everything was free!

.... inoltre non mi preoccupo troppo se il Cali, esternamente, è sporco ... mi piace quando tutto è infangato, ma le rare volte lo lavo, poi passo una cera spray di Meguiars, è molto facile da spargere e la vernice si sporca di meno ...
quei coglioni del concessionario volevano lavarlo sotto i pennelli del lavaggio dell'auto ... è bastato stringere forte il braccio a uno di loro e hanno capito subito ... ahahah

.... inoltre non mi preoccupo troppo se il Cali, esternamente, è sporco ... mi piace quando tutto è infangato, ma le rare volte lo lavo, poi passo una cera spray di Meguiars, è molto facile da spargere e la vernice si sporca di meno ...
quei coglioni del concessionario volevano lavarlo sotto i pennelli del lavaggio dell'auto ... è bastato stringere forte il braccio a uno di loro e hanno capito subito ... ahahah

I totally agree, except the part about you liking it muddy.

And the Italian English translation of the above =

.... also I do not worry too much if the Cali, externally, it is dirty ... I like it when everything is muddied, but the rare times I wash it, then I pass a wax spray of Meguiars, it is very easy to spread and paint gets dirty less ...
those dealer's balls wanted to wash it under the brushes of the car wash ... it was enough to tighten the arm to one of them and they immediately understood ... ahaha

Just collected the van, and thankfully everything went silky smooth. They didn't wash it, and zero damage :thumbsup:
They even gave me a 1lt bottle of top up oil (not that i've ever needed it) and a 1lt bottle of concentrated VW screen wash for having to wait because it wasn't quite ready when I arrived at the time they told me.
Another thumbs up to Parkway Leicester. That's sales and service that i'm really happy with.

Oh and the bonus that everything was free!

My van is stuck in regen mode with dash lights. Called parkway Leicester. 3 week book in time just to diagnose it. Called Beeston VW. 2 week book in time. Looks like ill be regeninng until then. Best make a "dont wash van" sign up.

My van is stuck in regen mode with dash lights. Called parkway Leicester. 3 week book in time just to diagnose it. Called Beeston VW. 2 week book in time. Looks like ill be regeninng until then. Best make a "dont wash van" sign up.
You should scatter a few business cards around all the desks as you leave. Could be a gold mine doing all their smart repairs :thumbsup:

Apparently Parkway have just lost a 20 year VW master technician, and it's a little hectic, hence why mine wasn't quite ready when I got there, but they seem to be managing ok, but might explain the long wait for booking in.

You should scatter a few business cards around all the desks as you leave. Could be a gold mine doing all their smart repairs :thumbsup:

Nope, don't do any work for any dealer or trade. They want something for nothing doing yesterday. The typical trade smart repairer will do 6-10 cars for the same money I do 2 or 3. I'll use less materials and more profit plus less stress and get paid after the job instead of months later.

My Touareg was in for a service yesterday, I told them specifically 'Do Not Wash!, If I pick it up and it's been washed then I'll refuse to pay the bill, do I make myself clear?'

I've just had £2,000 worth of paintwork done to the rear end after my neighbour reversed his brand new Cayenne into the back of it so there's no way I wanted a sponge jockey anywhere near it.

I have to say they followed my instructions to the letter, carried out the 3 year service, completed two recalls, sent me a nice video of the car being worked on, stamped the book etc etc.

Cannot fault Breeze at Poole. :cool:

I travel the extra 15 miles as my more local Dealer Kettering could not even manage the most basic of things with out damaging my T5.1
Fell out with them big time. These guys have good intentions its just so frustrating.
We’re in Corby, didn’t think there was anyone else that local on here!!

The Mrs knows one of the guys who does the bodywork for Northampton, so our Gen6 usually goes there. It’s handy that he’s Corby based too so he’ll usually drive it over for us!

However I had to take it in to Kettering for a service when we had DSG issues and they managed to screw over the front axel somehow!

Nope, don't do any work for any dealer or trade. They want something for nothing doing yesterday. The typical trade smart repairer will do 6-10 cars for the same money I do 2 or 3. I'll use less materials and more profit plus less stress and get paid after the job instead of months later.

The exact same reasons we never work for the trade.

Recently we had no choice but to do a job for a Caravan dealer up North, because it was our customers brand new Caravan that we found a fracture to a panel and rejected it for him. They agreed to allow us to inspect the repair, which was very sub-standard, they messed us around 3 times with dates and times, then after agreeing payment on completion of inspection, they took 3 weeks to pay up, and countless emails with no replies, until we pointed out that we were working in the same area shortly, and would be 'popping' in to remove goods to the value of the invoice from the dealership shop mid morning on a Saturday (busiest time for them) Strangely we received a cheque (who even uses them anymore) the next day.
The trade are just as bad in my industry, if not worse! Give me the general public any day.

If anyone was in any doubt about whether they should decline the VW ‘free valet’ read on...

My T6 camper has just been into VW Lookers Newcastle Van Centre for its first ‘service’. 12 months old. 7000 miles on the clock.

Upon collection I found they had absolutely soaked the interior floor. Mats were swimming. Looks like they’ve jet washed the mats then thrown them inside to dry, or possibly mopped van floor?! Maybe jet washed them in place to be honest!

Puddles under handbrake and drivers seat. Wiring loom hole under drivers seat soaking wet as is the foam underlay. Went straight back inside to complain. Girl on reception laughed. Just what you want when your £40k van has had a paddling pool installed.

Not impressed. Needless to say the van hasn’t left. Asked for the seats to be removed and underlay dried properly before my wiring corrodes. Not confident they’ll do anything.

They don’t seem to give a crap, be warned...

OK you lot, now you all successfully scared the pants off me before my T6 even gets here !!!!

I've already told them NOT to wash it when they get it, now, when and if it has to go back in to them for anything I've decided

TO SIT IN IT AND NOT MOVE FOR THE DURATION

Upon collection I found they had absolutely soaked the interior floor. Mats were swimming. Looks like they’ve jet washed the mats then thrown them inside to dry, or possibly mopped van floor?! Maybe jet washed them in place to be honest!

Washing your van or any other damage caused as a result of working on it....

What you need to do is make a list of what damage, and what damage may come of a result of what they have done, ( take photos) have them to acknowledge this and give you a 2 year warranty to cover it.

I have done this in the past, and had a 10% off my bill.

Hope they sort it for you.

I wouldnt let a dealer anywhere near mine, judging by the state it was delivered in from listers in Worcester they are completely incompetent, not helped by not caring even when asked to rectify

Back