Dealer Washed My Van After Being Told Not To !!

I think ultimately its down to the individual of course on his choice, many on here are passionate about waxing and detailing, others arnt, I'm one of those, maybe im to chilled, but the reason I got the van was to be used and abused, driven onto muddy campsites etc. I think if I was to worry about every little mark or couldn't see my face in the paint work then id rather go out and spend £800 on a banger, and be able to sleep at night.
Just my opinion :whistle:

Dealer wash = Dealer scratch

My van has always gone to an indie where the cost of a wash isn't included in the price.

At the Audi dealer I saw a near-new R8 convertible being washed by Mrs Miggins with a grubby sponge and bucket. It was for sale on the forecourt at about 98k as Approved Used but under six months old with only 1500 miles on it. I inspected the car later on that day when picking mine up and there were swirls and spiderwebs all over it. It was black. What were they thinking?

If you spotted the said R8 in the middle of being washed by Mrs miggins, how do you know the swirls weren't already on the vehicle ? I feel sorry for Mrs miggins officer.

Here they use yard brooms !

You may joke there, but my colleague and I did a job for a Caravan dealer a couple of years ago. We were sent round the back of the dealership where they carry out all the pre-collection prep on the new Caravans, where we watched a young guy walking on the roof of a brand new Bailey, with a hose in one hand and a yard brush in the other :eek:

When we got chatting to the lad, he told us that's how they clean the roofs, and he showed us his bucket full of products. Not a single bottle he used was designed for anything other than a bathroom, or kitchen! They even used washing up liquid as their soap which is a nightmare on fibreglass panels.
Bare in mind this was a multi-million pound operation from the front, and a total shambles out the back, where no customer could see.

Because they'll get a minimum wage employee who is under pressure to wash as many vehicles per day as possible and there will be absolutely no care taken.

Along the lines of, drop sponge on floor, pick it up and carry on washing etc.

The prep on my new van was awful, fortunately I'm not too fussy, but there were swirls all over it. Once the conversion is finished I'll get to work with my range of polishers and products.

Sadly pretty much spot on for a huge amount of flashy dealerships. Mine goes in this morning, and I spent several hours last night cleaning and waxing, in the hope that if they ignore the 'don't wash' on the job sheet, and the yellow stick it note I've put on the dash clocks, and several reminders not to touch the outside, that the fact it should look pretty much mint, they won't wash it.
My only worry is it's currently raining, and i'm hoping the drive to the dealers won't get it too dirty.
I then have the hassle of asking the service lady to walk around the van, noting no car park dents, scratches, kerbed alloys, or damage of any kind. Through experience, they look at you like you have two heads when you ask them to walk around the vehicle with you, and normally say something on the lines of we have never damaged a vehicle here.

Sadly pretty much spot on for a huge amount of flashy dealerships. Mine goes in this morning, and I spent several hours last night cleaning and waxing, in the hope that if they ignore the 'don't wash' on the job sheet, and the yellow stick it note I've put on the dash clocks, and several reminders not to touch the outside, that the fact it should look pretty much mint, they won't wash it.
My only worry is it's currently raining, and i'm hoping the drive to the dealers won't get it too dirty.
I then have the hassle of asking the service lady to walk around the van, noting no car park dents, scratches, kerbed alloys, or damage of any kind. Through experience, they look at you like you have two heads when you ask them to walk around the vehicle with you, and normally say something on the lines of we have never damaged a vehicle here.
Good luck @Tourershine

It effects my jobs heavily. Doing mobile paint repairs my worst enemy is silicone. These wash guys use so much of it especially on the tires which flicks everywhere and is airborne. I have had a few jobs be effected from cheap products from the courtesy wash vw did.

My old boss used to have a chauffeur (pompous t**t), he used to make the guy wash his cars in the poorly lit underground car park, one of which was a brand new DB7 convertible.

The sponge jockey must have dropped the wash mitt at some point, but with it being so dark down there he didn't realise the utter carnage he was inflicting on the paintwork.

We could hear the boss shouting at the guy from 6 floors up :rofl::laugh:

I hate being bothered :(

I want to be laid back and jolly, without a worry in the world, and not notice the car I'm following has a number plate that's not level, or the vehicle I'm sat next to has different tyre manufactures... the sad thing is my 16 year old daughter is exactly the same.
It's not a great trait to live with.

Mines a mess as I've not had the time to clean it this week....I've woke up this morning and wrote out my do not wash signs. I'll photo the van before I go into speak to the nice service people and also tell them not to wash it...........

Hopefully they get the message !

Thing is this is not a Ford fiesta were talking about....it's £20-30k worth of hard earned cash....I'm dreading it

With VAT that I cannot claim back because we are not a VAT registered company, mine was nearer £45k, but any amount of value is hard enough to swallow.
Dropped off now, and the girl saw I was not comfortable leaving the vehicle with them, so she went out with me and recorded the full van top to bottom on her iPad, which made me feel a little better.
Probably just worrying about nothing, but from the stories reported on here numerous times, it's better to be safe I guess.

Think our dealer in Birmingham has been burnt in the past as they called me to say all work was done and would I like it washing. When we bought it out of the showroom, as soon as I mentioned I didn't want it doing he went straight to the van and put a pre-made sign in it. Maybe some are learning

Back