Dealer Washed My Van After Being Told Not To !!

Jon

T6 Guru
So today as she went is for a first service, She went is as clean as I could keep it with just the 18 miles to the dealers worth of dirt from this morning. Despite being asked not to wash it and this being written on the job sheet and I thought understood by my adviser.....
Yes they gave it a wash and whilst I cannot see any obvious damage yet you can feel they have managed to strip off all my many hours of elbow grease in regards to the wax and sealants I have applied over the past 6 months.
They were very apologetic and said they would sort it out and the email them the products used.
To top it off I now also have cheap and nasty tyre dressing all splattered up the side.
I just had to leave as I was fuming.
I am also furious with my self for not putting a big idiot proof sign in there.

So my question is has any one had a similar experience and how did you deal with it ?

On the plus side they give me an Amarok V6 TDI 8 Speed DSG to go home in !
Glad they do not put that motor in the Transporters as I would want one.
I am not going to name and shame as they are a decent bunch, I am just so cross with them right now.

It has happened a few times at Listers drotwich, where van owners had to have a professional detailer to come in and spend the day re-doing the paintwork at cost to Listers.
If its on the job sheets, you don't need an idiot guide sign

Mine goes in of Friday, and they have been told several times not to wash it. I wouldn't even let them wash it when I collected it new, and took it as it was.

My problem is we test products for my business on my van, and they'd destroy our work in one wash. They know what I do for a living, and they know how fussy I am with my van.
I learnt from my last van that you have to stick a huge note on the dash stating 'NO SERVICE WASH' because no matter how many times they are told, when it goes into the workshop, it's just another T6 for a service.

I'm a little nervous now for Friday :(

Not a washing incident but after having my T5.1 serviced and being returned with a smashed rear bumper the collection driver on pickup for its 2nd service stuck an A4 sized sign in the drivers line of sight on the windscreen saying "Please Don't Damage This Vehicle Again".

Yup, you've guessed it, they took out the rear near side of the van leaving a long scrape and dent. So, signs don't work.

My T6 is being looked after by a Mercedes dealership.

Yeah, you lot are not inspiring a huge amount of confidence for my service on Friday!
As if I wasn't already paranoid.

Northampton VWCV did exactly the same to me. Told them not to wash the van under any circumstances. They stuck a sign on the dash saying not to wash; picked it up to find they’d washed it.
Utter buffoons!

Northampton VWCV did exactly the same to me. Told them not to wash the van under any circumstances. They stuck a sign on the dash saying not to wash; picked it up to find they’d washed it.
Utter buffoons!
They have still not learnt then :(

They washed mine when I told them not to.
I don't go to the dealership anymore.
I travel the extra 15 miles as my more local Dealer Kettering could not even manage the most basic of things with out damaging my T5.1
Fell out with them big time. These guys have good intentions its just so frustrating.

I asked at my dealer for it not to be washed and they wrote it on the job sheet. Picked it up as dirty as I left it lol. No wash. I have some tar spots on the side I need to use something to get rid of so didn’t want someone attacking it with a sponge! They listned and left it

mines in Friday for a servce I've told them not to wash it and when I go in I'll be telling them if they wash it then I'll be asking for a full detail at their cost plus ill be using the usual big sign inside....

serious question: Whats the problem with being washed at the dealers?

Because they'll get a minimum wage employee who is under pressure to wash as many vehicles per day as possible and there will be absolutely no care taken.

Along the lines of, drop sponge on floor, pick it up and carry on washing etc.

The prep on my new van was awful, fortunately I'm not too fussy, but there were swirls all over it. Once the conversion is finished I'll get to work with my range of polishers and products.

ah ok, gotcha. Here they dont use sponges - not allowed. But i must admit i dont do any treatments to the van.. its not the same scene here in switzerland!

Back