Danbury Doubleback

The pod also needs a bit of work because although the top and sides are an aluminium alloy, the base is a steel plate and it’s got surface rust that wants sorting ASAP, otherwise it’ll be a real pain.

Such a lovely novel van but getting all that done at a body shop is gonna cost a lot.

For a long time i looked for one without luck and when i did finally find one the price was so high that it was ridiculous so never purchased one. I built my own unit that slides out. It gives me half the cabin space again but to be honest, more often than not i don’t open it up as it is nicer sitting out side under the awning. If i had my time again i would have just been happy with a VW Californian with some minor modifications. Buying an old VW is fraught with potential problems. As a matter of interest, how much are they asking?

You make a good point, I’m leaning away from buying it but keep thinking how nice it would be to have all the extra space, particularly on wet days. If I had the skills to do it up myself, I’d definitely have it.

Back