2 Button Key case replacement

cairn15

Hi, my T6 key fob case looks the worst for wear, and needs replacing, I have been looking at a few new genuine vw fobs to do a swap over of the chip, case, & blade, can someone tell me if it matters about the different part number mine being 5KO prefix, others fobs I have seen are identical but with a different first 3 prefix, Thanks in advance, Garry

Just done this myself.

Swappped my OEM innards and the key blade over into this case. I did have to file the key blade slightly as it was a tight fit. Took 5 minutes in total. The only donwside is there's no VW sticker on the case but I can live with that. Dunno if you can get these separate.

Thanks for info, That looks like a good n easy fix, I'm sure the fob cases are the same, and the ref part number is for the OEM chip detail, programming etc, Cheers

I've got a spare one of these. I'd converted my two button remote to this. Obviously the middle button does nothing but they look good.

Can post it out if you want it £10

1000043199.jpg

Thanks for the offer, but I have just bought one of the ebay 2-button cases 'Howzat' used, if it's no good i've only lost a fiver, Cheers

Hi, the ebay replacement key case worked a treat, Unfortunately the local well known key cutting shop would not cut the new key blade, unless I bought one of their new key fobs, defeats the purpose really, all in they wanted £50, Definitely Not!! , so I found a local independent shop who cut the new blade for 20 notes, still felt a bit sore at that, but it works well, Thanks :thumbsup:

Just a FYI for anybody reading this going forward. You can swap the blade from your original key to the new key fob. Theres a tiny pin (like a watch strap pin) that you knock out then slot your old blade in the new fob spring mechanism.

Yes that's a really good point, my original key blade was bent, and had a visible split in the metal, and could not be reused, tired looking fob aside, I was really concerned that if the blade broke off in the ignition barrel then I would be totally stuffed, this was a cheap fix and it did the job great. :thumbsup:

Back