CXHA Non start [Resolved]

T6 Pilot

Hi Guys
I have a 2019 T6 here CXHA engine.Was going down the motor way then just bogged out like it ran out of fuel. Now it won’t start I have 350bar of rail pressure fuel up to the filter. I’m getting a cam and crank signal. But it’s like the injectors are not firing. The vehicle will start on easy start. Only code I’m getting is P056200 supply voltage low. I have replaced the battery but only getting 11.96vs on the KL30. I’m not sure if this is a ECU/electrical fault or fuel. Any help appreciated thanks

Check the fuel tank is not in a vacuum (remove cap)
Check the fuel lift pump has a 12v supply. It's fed from a block under the passenger seat, blue/yellow wire.

check all main power and grounds for corrosion.

engine earth strap, gearbox strap.

main chassis earth points.

there is a few relays as part of the main ECM power flow.

got any pics or screen shot of the scan? or live data?

350bar = 35000Kpa

so rail pressure should be in spec?

++++++++++

Reactions: mmi
Haven't got time to search right now, but there was a thread with similar symptoms and iirc it was the cam position sensor? @mmi ???

Reactions: mmi
Hi Loz
The body control unit code has now gone out of it but I was a little suspicious it might of failed.

058221B2-ED45-4FA5-BC5A-8DAC3EDF98EB.jpeg

U014000 is just a communication glitch between engine and BCM (central electrics controller). Actual code definition is "No communication with BCM". Most likely just a consequence of the "main" fault.

I’m getting a cam and crank signal.
What do mean by this? How do you measure those?

I think the fault P056200 suggests a power feed to the ECU is down (or ground failure).
As @Dellmassive mentioned - check ECU fuses in fusebox SB ("A" in picture)

1663785418251.png

Hi mmi
I measured the cam and crank speed using live data both were giving me a speed signal when cranking. I’ve been in at the relays and fuses all seem to be powered up

check all main power and grounds for corrosion.

engine earth strap, gearbox strap.

main chassis earth points.

there is a few relays as part of the main ECM power flow.

got any pics or screen shot of the scan? or live data?

350bar = 35000Kpa

so rail pressure should be in spec?

++++++++++
Thanks
I was wondering if the electrical fault was sending me on a wild goose chase.

Hi Guys
Just thought I would post a update. The vehicle was found to have 4 seized injectors. This to have happened whilst travelling at motor way speed seems unusual. The vehicle had quarter tank and was not recently filled. Waiting on fuel analysis and report about the electrical fault

Hi guys
More up date on the transporter. Received the vehicle back from Volkswagen last week. They replaced 4x injectors but on road test the same fault came back into it. The high pressure pump had broken up. So now the van has had another 4x injectors high pressure pump fuel tank and sender as well as a rail. Currently starting no issues

Isn’t it crazy that it wouldn’t even cross their mind to investigate why all 4 injectors would seize (block) at the same time, considering the price of injectors.
Was it a warranty job

I can’t believe that a mechanic (even a crap one) would install 4 new injectors without checking the pump.
They may well have damaged the new injectors by putting more debris through them, hopefully you have some record of the order of repair, emails etc in case you have future problems.
How about updating the Review a Business discussion so that others can avoid this establishment?

Hi Guys
Been so busy forgot to post it’s not good news.
We got the van back was out few days stopped again. The injector clamp bolts had both pulled out the threads it’s gone back to dealer again. I know those threads do give trouble as I have pulled the threads myself tourqeing a set on a crafter.

Back