curved gloss rear badge?

Mixersmate

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi -

I bought a gloss rear badge from travelin-lite and it has quite a serious bow in it, I'm worried it won't stick flat to the body work (tailgate) I just assumed it was cheap crap so ordered another one from Van Style which is just as bad, they probably rolled out the same factory.

Has anyone fitted one of these before? If I pushed it flat would the self adhesive pad be strong enough to stay flat? Or has anyone successfully flattened one before fitting?

Thanks all,

gloss badge.jpg

OH bugger, I ordered one of these from Travelin Lite a couple of days ago. Did it arrive in 1 piece or was the VW bit separate? If it was you could remove the VW part from the OEM badge and then put the Travelin Lite on on that.

Yeah guys they are all the same no matter where you order them from
Mine was the same
What I did was remove backing to revel the sticky part and I added a thin coat of clear sticks like s##t silicone
And mine found its own level all round it’s been on months now with no issues hope this helps

OH bugger, I ordered one of these from Travelin Lite a couple of days ago. Did it arrive in 1 piece or was the VW bit separate? If it was you could remove the VW part from the OEM badge and then put the Travelin Lite on on that.

Yeah its all one piece, unfortunately I haven't got the original rear badge any more, I asked a body shop to fit it whilst the van was in for other bits and bobs, they removed the old one but didn't fit the new one to question the curve on it.

Yeah guys they are all the same no matter where you order them from
Mine was the same
What I did was remove backing to revel the sticky part and I added a thin coat of clear sticks like s##t silicone
And mine found its own level all round it’s been on months now with no issues hope this helps

I'll give that a go then thanks, I'm guessing your happy with how it turned out since its been on for a few months :thumbsup:

Mine was the same from Transporter HQ..........i just stuck it on originally although the sticky did not hold so i applied some heat with a heat gun until it sat really flush, put more sticky tape on and its been spot on since.

Try putting the badge on a flat surface in hot water (flat saucepan bottom) while pushing down. Use wood not your hand:rolleyes:
Start cooler and go hotter if needed.
ABS melts at 200 deg C so you should get some flex at less than 100 deg C.

Try putting the badge on a flat surface in hot water (flat saucepan bottom) while pushing down. Use wood not your hand:rolleyes:
Start cooler and go hotter if needed.
ABS melts at 200 deg C so you should get some flex at less than 100 deg C.

in the end I warmed the badge with a DIY paint stripper style heat gun, put a micro fibre cloth on it then 3 cases of beer to weigh it flat, it’s kind of worked but taken on some kind of micro fibre cloth print to the gloss VW, if any one else is planning on a DIY fix try DXX’s water bath method first!

I think you’re allowed 14 days to send it back online if you dont like the quality. You should do it and then they will stop selling the crud
i bought front and rear badges from Travelling-Lite. They are awful quality, I’ve emailed them about a return. Guess what, no reply. They are going back in the post on Monday.

i bought front and rear badges from Travelling-Lite. They are awful quality, I’ve emailed them about a return. Guess what, no reply. They are going back in the post on Monday.
I’ve tried emailing them a few times, I’ve never had a reply. They must loose a lot of business because of this.

I didn’t even think to check the flatness of the badge when My travelin lite order arrived, but everything else had a minor defect in one way or another, luckily the body shop dealt with it at no additional cost (for example sanding down and re painting the gloss black fog light surrounds for the sport line bumper)

I did have to return some items because they were defective (a simple check before posting would of picked up on this)

I had to chase my refund because apparently the person handling it had quit and no one bothered to check.

and lastly the thing that annoyed me the most was despite them posting a defective product I had to pay for postage to return (£7) where as for example I bought something from Leighton which appeared to genuinely be damaged during post and within the hour of me wishing to return they had sent me a pre-paid postage label.

Rant over, badge is on! (The van style one!)

I’ve tried emailing them a few times, I’ve never had a reply. They must loose a lot of business because of this.
I had a similar issue that wasn’t being sorted - eventually I picked up the phone and it seemed that talking to someone got it sorted.

I had a similar issue that wasn’t being sorted - eventually I picked up the phone and it seemed that talking to someone got it sorted.
Yes they are very helpful on the phone and in the store, I think they all believe that somebody else is doing the emails.

Back