CTEK D250SE A LIGHT FLASHING AND NO CHARGE

Ami

Hi guys,
A little question about my CTEK D250 SE. Is it necessary to connect the red/black cable to the negative pole of my CTEK if I use a GEL battery (not AGM). I have a little problem cause there is only the "A" lighted and the Alternator seems not give energy to the leisure battery. The green light is not lighted (before I had the three lights : the green, the A and the battery light. The CTEK can't charge my GEL battery like before. Thank you for your help.

800x600_27371.jpg

Last edited:
I’m sure someone with great battery knowledge will be along shortly, but I’ve got a gel battery and after extensive searching (as it’s not really mentioned in the instructions) it is apparently to be wired as an AGM on the CTEK. Mine is wired same as an AGM as it requires the same charge profile.
So both red and black wires should be connected. Black to earth.

Reactions: Ami
I’m sure someone with great battery knowledge will be along shortly, but I’ve got a gel battery and after extensive searching (as it’s not really mentioned in the instructions) it is apparently to be wired as an AGM on the CTEK. Mine is wired same as an AGM as it requires the same charge profile.
Thank you so much for your answer Bigsidavies.

the thin red wire should be connected to a fuse that is live when the ignition is on and the thin black wire to a body earth not to the ctek pole

coming out of the unit are two thin wires, the red wire needs to be connected if you have a smart alternator (T6) the black wire connected to a body earth if you have a gel/agm battery

the leisure battery itself is connected to the CTEK using appropriate grade battery cables, the positive or red (with fuse) to out and a black thick battery cable to the negative pole on the unit

There is a thin cable pairing that comes out of the unit as I remember. One is red and one is black.
These are the cables that myself and jmc are referring to.

The problem does not seem to be solved. But something new I have now a Green light flashing on my ctek d250se next I shut down my t6 (with smart alternator). All the cables are connected like they said in the manual.

IMG_20210724_120932.jpg

Where have you connected the thin red cable?

The manual says you are in current saving mode, maybe your leisure battery is fullAF774A09-0556-4B85-ABD9-A777295A8734.png

Take that fuse out and check there is a current there which comes on when you turn on the ignition. I have just checked mine, green flashing light with ignition off, solid green light and two flashing amber lights with ignition on (engine off) solid amber with engine running

You could try it in that slot and see if it works- I think the cetek doesn’t know the ignition is switched on so I would check all connections

I will try to See if the battery is full charges maybe it's the origin of the problem. But 12.6 volts seems weird for a full charge

Back