CTEK D250SE - Connections

RVM69

I have read several posts already shared but can't find what I'm after, forgive me if this has been asked before.

So I'm installing the CTEK in my 2019 T6 with a smart alternator. The instructions state to connect to "starter battery" but I understand connecting direct to the battery is wrong. So if the positive wiring needs to connect to the alternator, where is the connecting point?

Any pictures appreciated. I'd like to ensure I've done this correct.

Second question is about the "ignition signal" cable. I understand this must be connected for the charger to function properly but where is the best place to connect this cable. I was thinking to the radio but seeking other suggestions/advice.

Thanks in advance.

Positive to the positive post on the starter battery. Negative to the vehicle body. Ignition signal piggyback from an ignition live fuse in the centre fuse box.

What he said.

Don't forget the fuse at both battery pos connections.

Positive to the positive post on the starter battery. Negative to the vehicle body. Ignition signal piggyback from an ignition live fuse in the centre fuse box.
Thanks, that's how I've wired the positive but thought it had to go direct to alternator after reading people's posts.....

It's only the negative post on the battery that you shouldn't connect anything to, the positive is fine.

Sure, Post some pics so we can advise.

How far is your cetek from your starter battery, the instructions detail the gauge of the wire you should use depending on the distance- that red cable looks a bit thin

From the photo it’s looks like the same gauge cable as my van, CTEK is in roughly the same place and was installed by an auto electrician.

Totally appreciate everyone's comments. Wiring is in place but nothing connected yet so am gonna make sure wire gauge is AWG8 10mm2 as recommended and fuses in right places.

Back