CTEK D250SE A LIGHT FLASHING AND NO CHARGE

Sounds like battery is full to me. My CTEK does exactly the same is the battery doesn’t need any further charge

Reactions: Ami
I have just had the exact same problem. I have a gel battery and the charger has been working absolutely perfectly for over a year. Yesterday it just stopped charging. All I can get is the green flashing light saying it's in power saving mode. Even using a charger from the mains instead of the alternator on the starter battery it still does not kick in. I had the charger setup with the black wire not connected. An earlier comment said for gel this wire needs to be on the vehicle earth...maybe this is the reason and I have damaged the charger somehow from charging the gel on the wrong setting. I'm going to just buy a new one but will connect the black wire this time and hopefully it doesn't break again...

Je viens d'avoir exactement le même problème. J'ai une batterie au gel et le chargeur fonctionne parfaitement depuis plus d'un an. Hier, il a juste arrêté de charger. Tout ce que je peux obtenir, c'est le voyant vert clignotant indiquant qu'il est en mode d'économie d'énergie. Même en utilisant un chargeur du secteur au lieu de l'alternateur sur la batterie de démarrage, il ne démarre toujours pas. J'ai configuré le chargeur avec le fil noir non connecté. Un commentaire précédent disait que pour le gel, ce fil doit être sur la terre du véhicule... c'est peut-être la raison et j'ai endommagé le chargeur d'une manière ou d'une autre en chargeant le gel sur le mauvais réglage. Je vais juste en acheter un nouveau mais je vais connecter le fil noir cette fois et j'espère qu'il ne casse plus...

I have just had the exact same problem. I have a gel battery and the charger has been working absolutely perfectly for over a year. Yesterday it just stopped charging. All I can get is the green flashing light saying it's in power saving mode. Even using a charger from the mains instead of the alternator on the starter battery it still does not kick in. I had the charger setup with the black wire not connected. An earlier comment said for gel this wire needs to be on the vehicle earth...maybe this is the reason and I have damaged the charger somehow from charging the gel on the wrong setting. I'm going to just buy a new one but will connect the black wire this time and hopefully it doesn't break again...
Don't forget to inform us about this problem thx.

I solved the problem. The CTEK D250SE was the problem, the CTEK was out of service. The leading online retailer sent me a new one (the after sales service was excellent) and all it's alright now. Maybe a fuse, in the CTEK, is defective.

Furthermore, the CTEK charges my leisure battery (140 AH GEL MARINE) at 13.3 Volts, I don't know if it's normal. I saw in this tutorial that the battery should be around 15 volts.

IMG_20210818_120135.jpg

I solved the problem. The CTEK D250SE was the problem, the CTEK was out of service. The leading online retailer sent me a new one (the after sales service was excellent) and all it's alright now. Maybe a fuse, in the CTEK, is defective.

Furthermore, the CTEK charges my leisure battery (140 AH GEL MARINE) at 13.3 Volts, I don't know if it's normal. I saw in this tutorial that the battery should be around 15 volts.

View attachment 127560
It sounds as though you are not getting an ignition live on that Fuse, so the ctek is just charging as a none smart alternator so you will not be getting a full charge.

Is it possible it's just in float mode , is the battery already fully charged ? Float is around 13.6 in the manual

Screenshot_20210825-231955.jpg

An update for me: I got a new charger unit and it works fine, so it was also a faulty unit for my problem. Pretty disappointing for only about 1.5 years usage. Hopefully this one holds out longer.

Looks like mine has now given up the ghost after 3 1/2 years, just getting a green flashing light, I wonder if the cold weather has done for it. Very disappointing if it is knackered as its worked perfectly up until now. Once it warms up ill take it out and apart to see if the internal fuses have gone

Got this reply from CTEK, certainly hasn’t been hit by lightning or had the polarity reversed !!

B5CC483F-D677-4B27-B6AC-8F6A736A6483.png

try a full reset. .

disconnect it from the van for 24hrs.

then try again. . .

these units are known to fail in this way - internal failure.

see here:

1705753886074.png1705753922522.png

try a full reset. .

disconnect it from the van for 24hrs.

then try again. . .

these units are known to fail in this way - internal failure.

see here:

View attachment 226252View attachment 226253
Will do but probably now looking at getting something else, Renogy or victron

Decided to take the unit apart. One of the internal 30 amp fuses has gone, a different one to the one that others have reported blown on the other thread. May try and change it but I’m guessing something else has probably blown as well to cause these fuses to go. Even if I get it working I’m not sure I would trust the unit

553D4A1E-37D1-4078-A227-4404D0923507.jpeg

9E2DB138-CD7B-4918-B4D5-9106E61D48BC.png

I think anyone will a working Ctek should use a 25amp external fuse to protect it, the manual says 30 amps but this seems pointless if the internal fuses are also 30 amps

Have a super close look at the PCB.. for any burned components... that's the tell.

Back