Creaking Power Latch?

Agreed that sounds weird, closing sounds normal but the opening is rather loud and creaky
Can’t think what it could be other than the motor ?

Agreed that sounds weird, closing sounds normal but the opening is rather loud and creaky
Can’t think what it could be other than the motor ?
I tried taking the sliding door rail cover off today but wasn't sure how it was fastened. There was a screw inside the sliding door and another one behind the rear light but it still didn't want to shift, do these covers slide down or are they fixed on some form of locators maybe...

I tried taking the sliding door rail cover off today but wasn't sure how it was fastened. There was a screw inside the sliding door and another one behind the rear light but it still didn't want to shift, do these covers slide down or are they fixed on some form of locators maybe...
I have had replaced two of those latching mechanisms though the creak was not as bad as on the video. They were more like knock-knock like a thing just when the motor started to release the door. The new motors were significantly quiter than the replaced ones (even when they were new). The original=replaced were built before Nov-2015, covered under warranty 2017.

How to remove sliding door rail cover ---> Remove Rear Side Panel -sliding Door

I have had replaced two of those latching mechanisms though the creak was not as bad as on the video. They were more like knock-knock like a thing just when the motor started to release the door. The new motors were significantly quiter than the replaced ones (even when they were new). The original=replaced were built before Nov-2015, covered under warranty 2017.

How to remove sliding door rail cover ---> Remove Rear Side Panel -sliding Door
Thanks for that, if it's the motor I'll get it done under warranty along with the leaking side window on the o/s...

Why would you remove that panel ?
The motor is accessed and changed from the inside by removing the lower c pillar trim panel
That's true - to access/change the motor there is no need to remove the panel.

My old velle used to be exactly the same, just sprayed some gt85 on the latch that turns sorted it ;)
That was tried by VW - didn't help so they decided to replace motors right away.

Ok this is not exactly the same issue but it’s the closest I’ve found to my current t6 nightmare .
The power latching mechanism ( sliding side door )seems to be rattling eg the rotating latch part seems to be so loose it rattles over every bump ... I’m not 100 percent sure as you can only get to the part when the door is open ! And at that point you can see clearly it’s very loose and you can physically rattle it about with a finger .. it’s identical to the rattle I’m hearing when driving though so I’m pretty sure it’s the problem .. the power latching works great but it’s not worth the misery of the rattle... if indeed that is the problem ... can anyone shed any light on this it’s driving me nuts ! I bought the unit second hand from Pauly and I’m wondering if it’s because the part is warn that it’s rattling ? No one would put up with this noise in a new vehicle .. I’m hoping someone can show me how to trick the latching mechanism to close without the door closing ... that’s the only way I can be sure about this

how to trick the latching mechanism to close without the door closing
Latch can be driven close by short-circuiting (and hold) two top contacts of door connector in B-pillar.

I can make mine (the latch) rattle by finger when door is open as there is some slack in the mechanism. However, when door is closed - nothing then as the seals "push" the door outwards against the latch. Perhaps moving the latch a bit inwards?

That’s great news ! I’ve put some grease in there to stop the rattling when open now and I found a few another rattles and cured them but it’s like an ongoing project .. the roads where I live are so bad that if anything can possibly rattle it eventually will for sure .. so on it goes

Reactions: mmi
Ok this is not exactly the same issue but it’s the closest I’ve found to my current t6 nightmare .
The power latching mechanism ( sliding side door )seems to be rattling eg the rotating latch part seems to be so loose it rattles over every bump ... I’m not 100 percent sure as you can only get to the part when the door is open ! And at that point you can see clearly it’s very loose and you can physically rattle it about with a finger .. it’s identical to the rattle I’m hearing when driving though so I’m pretty sure it’s the problem .. the power latching works great but it’s not worth the misery of the rattle... if indeed that is the problem ... can anyone shed any light on this it’s driving me nuts ! I bought the unit second hand from Pauly and I’m wondering if it’s because the part is warn that it’s rattling ? No one would put up with this noise in a new vehicle .. I’m hoping someone can show me how to trick the latching mechanism to close without the door closing ... that’s the only way I can be sure about this
Did you manage to get this sorted?

Did you manage to get this sorted?
I put a load of grease in there .. no problem after that . Thinking back to that time I’m not sure if the power latching system was causing that particular rattle ! I’ve lost count im always trying to find where these annoyances come from

Back