Loud buzz from power latch motor when opening sliding door - fixed

DTT6

Living the dream one sleep at a time
VIP Member
T6 Pro
So I have trawled this site and internet but haven’t been lucky to find my issue discussed -

Opening my offside sliding door via fob, button or handle I hear a loud buzzing sound for approx 2 seconds whilst the door opens. Its coming from the power latch /pillar area.
Locking/closing no buzzing at all.

The power latch locks and opens fine it just makes the buzzing sound each and every time I open the door (not unlock). Nearside door is fine.

I’ve lubricated the power latch bracket but its not that. I assume there is an issue with the power latch motor but I haven’t found any details about getting to it i.e panel removal etc etc.

If anyone has experience of this issue or had to get to the motor I’d be grateful for advice.
Cheers

Interesting… I’ve got electric sliders and I’ve noticed exactly the same thing with one of mine (though only occasionally!)

Ideally there will be an ‘easy’ option to fix but I fear I will have to work out how to strip panels out and know which clips to buy to replace broken ones and hopefully find I then just need to lube part of the mechanism

i reckon you are hearing the power latch motor that sits behind the striker plate and turns it, some of them can get a bit noisy after a while and generally one direction is much worse than the other, not sure if theres a fix as the motor itself is not designed to come apart

I’m sure it is the motor, the closing you just hear the normal sound. The opening high pitch buzz starts as soon as you press open before the door actually moves and continues probably until the door slides halfway to fully open i.e it continues a short while after the sticker has stopped rotating

So maybe not the motor then as that only activates for a second or two ??

Mine beep when closing, maybe yours isn’t beeping properly and just making a noise? Connection might be bad?

So maybe not the motor then as that only activates for a second or two ??
I’ve since watched /filmed the cam rotate whilst the door opens. the sound matches the turn, when the cam stops the sound does too so its definitely the motor.
Next step, (a) finding out which clips I will need when I break them and (b) finding a link to rear offside card removal to get to the motor

Mine beep when closing, maybe yours isn’t beeping properly and just making a noise? Connection might be bad?
Unfortunately the beep is loud and clear

Nothing breaks to get at it you just need to remove the small panel where the seatbelt disappears so its only a few plastic panel fixings that unscrew
For a nearside T6 latch motor the part number is 7E0843765B

Hi @Pauly, not sure that applies for my caravelle. Looks like its an entire side panel that needs to be removed

I took the side panel off, removed the cam latch motor assembly and found the screeching sound was actually the worm drive/cog where it needed some more grease.
Once the unit was out (mine was offside) I dismantled the motor by removing the three screws 0D2084DD-8612-401D-B2F3-070C6E573B84.jpeg
You can easily extract the motor spindle with worm drive away from the rest of the unit and can see the corresponding drive to the cam latch.
I forgot to take a photo but when I turned the cam the nylon drive made a noise so I used more white lithium grease and worked the cam a few times to stop the squeaking. Put it all back together and so far so good :)

Back