Crashed T6 Van - Eek

Oldrat

Senior Crafter
T6 Legend
A good friend of mine had his T6 shunted whilst it was parked and unattended. It rolled into another vehicle so has front and rear damage.

He’s been paid out by the insurance and has bought the van back with a view to possible repair or sale as is.

Q “can anyone point me to any potential interested parties/ garages that might want to buy it?”

I’ll forward details so that the two parties can liaise.

Thanks

A few initial questions:
Has it been recorded as a write off and has a CAT grade?
Any pics?
What kind of money?

I’m wondering why he would buy it back without knowing how much it would cost to fix it, or how much he’d get if sold on?

Some insurance will give you the option, if you don’t want to write it off, you can price what it would take to repair and they would do the same, and if you are happy with the sum they arrive at, you can take the check and fix it yourself.

Tbh that’s only really worth it if you have an old vehicle you’d like to keep, and not a T6 just a few years old ?

I think your first step is to price what it would take to fix, I couldn’t see anyone buying it without that info.

If it was just cosmetic damage I’d take it to a spray bay / body shop first.

Thanks for the posts.

I’m just the messenger. I’m happy to pass questions on if you are interested. I am not in a position to answer them myself.
I’ve seen the van but I’m not near it now.

Thats been hit with some force to create that much damage to the BMW at the rear. If I saw this van for sale on Copart, I would probably bid on it. Doesn't seam to hard to repair. Whats the side panel like on the far side? These aren't easy to repair.
PM me if you need 2 rear barn doors, bumper and light. Unfortunately mine are in black so they will need paint.

I’d say the position of the sun had a part to play in that accident, not that I am giving silver van an excuse.

I’d be interested why he didn’t go down the insurance route, after all he is claiming off the other party

I’d be interested why he didn’t go down the insurance route, after all he is claiming off the other party

The OP said he did go through insurance, and they paid him out, he bought the van back off them to do up or sell on. :thumbsup:

Back