Cracked Cylinder Head

dereckerick

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi Guys

Thought i'd mention a recent issue.

2016 caravelle Bi turbo

20K miles, and loss of some coolant. The warranty was up in 2 months so my ex-VW mechanic friend plugged it in and went over it with a fine tooth comb, listed all of the fault codes and called his mate in VW, booked it in and off it went.

Cracked cylinder head and a few other minor issues all sorted... Glad I had a full check over prior to warranty coming to an end!!!

Not sure if anyone knows the answer, I now have the oil light on and afrer topping up to 3/4 on the stick it wont go off??

Oil level, or oil pressure light?

Orange or red?

Orange light, oil level, I've checked and double checked, still on...

More worryingly the coolant level is about 15mm below minimum, back to VW on Monday!!!!!

Head was only done a month or so ago

Orange light, oil level, I've checked and double checked, still on...

More worryingly the coolant level is about 15mm below minimum, back to VW on Monday!!!!!

Head was only done a month or so ago

Did you contribute anything towards fix? Annoying rule but if you do an extra 2 years I’m sure is the case

No. didn't contribute, thankfully..
Depending on how long is left of you warranty then it may be better to make a contribution. Even £5 contribution will give you 2 years warranty on the replaces parts. No contribution and the warranty finishes at the same time as the main warranty.

Looks like I have a head gasket issue now!!
Sludgy deposit on filler cap and down the filler pipe, coolant dropped!! Back to VW......................

Anything like my Audi biturbo I had 6 turbos in one year - I’m really hoping you aren’t heading down the - Friday afternoon Engine build route.
Pay something towards it

Back