Courtesy And Ambient Lights

fatskater

3C77AC87-D26D-458D-8872-F1ECF8BFF983.jpeg Hello. I may be being stupid here but.
I fitted my courtesy footwell lights and these work fine.
Then I decided to fit @saxoboy light with ambientnleds and some ambient footwell lighting. these don’t appear to be working.
I fitted saxoboy yellow wire to the blue Grey wire and also the footwell to the same wire and a brown, all behind the light dimmer. Non of these lite up when I had lights on etc even though the rest of the van was on.
So I removed these wires and just tried the roof light and tried connecting to the blue grey behind the light switch but still no leds on? any thoughts any one?
@Deaky @Dellmassive

cheers Ben

Get rid of the positap and splice the wire.

Last edited:
The wire your using the positap on is very thin. Double check that the positap has pierced the cover and is into the wire

Check your power and grounds.

You may have a bad ground on the brown, or the wrong brown.

Check the volt reading on the supply.... 2-11v on the dimmer... 12v on the curtisy.

And check continuity to chassis on the brown.

@Dellmassive
Hi. Yes I’ve read through them a few times (new baby, lots of phone time reading) did you use a positap?

Yes, then I checked all the connections with a meter.

Hi, went out this morning with voltmeter and to check the clip had Pearce’s the wire and it is all working???? Maybe it just needed a nap after all I had done yesterday. I gave the wires a pull and a tug etc to make sure it was all secure etc and it’s still fine.
Cheers for the advice.

What method do you recommend for splicing into the loom? TIA
Remove or pair back a section of the insulation on the loom you want to connect to. Remove the insulation from the end of the wire to be connected and wrap it tightly around the exposed wire on the loom. Solder in place and insulate.

Back