correct offset for 18”

a5cyt

t32 204 kombi highline lwb with dsg.
T6 Pro
does anyone know if A OFFSET OF ET40 is ok on a t6 with 18 x 8 in wheels,on 255x 45 x18 xl tyres?

any issues with running non standard offset wheels...I'm thinking of 18" wheels but rather than 50mm offset going maybe 35 or 40 so they dont look like they have been eaten by the wheelarch

Hello, Greetings from Hong Kong. I am new to the forum. I m planning to replace the stock 16" wheels with tailor made 18x8.5j Work S1R rims.

I still can not decide what offset should i go. Should i go with the oem et50 for better control (technically) or et35 for funkier look. If i choose the latter, is there any way to compensate the positive scrub radius added such as wheel alignment since i heard that positive scrub radius would hurt fwd cars when turning. If not, how does it feel running smiliar offset (et30 to 35), any of you lovely people have such expirence to share. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. And sorry for my poor english if it bothers you.

I personally haven't got any experience but my mate runs VW standard offset wheels with 20mm wheel spacers with no issues. I'm guessing the spacers effectively change the offset

Nothing wrong with your English my friend. I don't know anything about positive scrub radius but you'll be fine with et 35 with 18x8.5 as I had this on my T5 for a while and noticed nothing from the standard wheels

I’ve tried to work this out as I didn’t want to be a wheel bore! But I can’t get my head around it......According to Rimstyle 18 x 8.5 Rota Grids will fit my T32 4mo Kombi. The offset is ET45. Can anyone tell me if I’d need spacers for these, and if in fact they are load rated for a T32, as I can’t find any actual figures it just says “load rated” on the rim style site. I’m trying to look on my phone for some actual specs and it’s driving me mental, I need my laptop in front of my to do proper research :mad:. Thanks in advance for any advise.:thumbsup:

I’ve tried to work this out as I didn’t want to be a wheel bore! But I can’t get my head around it......According to Rimstyle 18 x 8.5 Rota Grids will fit my T32 4mo Kombi. The offset is ET45. Can anyone tell me if I’d need spacers for these, and if in fact they are load rated for a T32, as I can’t find any actual figures it just says “load rated” on the rim style site. I’m trying to look on my phone for some actual specs and it’s driving me mental, I need my laptop in front of my to do proper research :mad:. Thanks in advance for any advise.:thumbsup:

Rimstyle are pretty good when it comes to advertising load rated wheels, give the a call and the can send you the tech sheet of the rim, this also helps with insurance purposes

I’m gonna call them tomorrow, I was just being impatient!

Thanks for that, I’m sure I looked at that earlier........iphone screens without my glasses isn’t a good combo,!:mexican wave:

Thanks for that, I’m sure I looked at that earlier........iphone screens without my glasses isn’t a good combo,!:mexican wave:

you might want to think about 10mm spacers on the rear to bring it out further

I’d have to go 10mm all round. On a 4mo you have to get the track width the same

I was originally looking at the 235 55 18 grabbers which I know will defo fit, but there is also a 235 60 18 that’s 12 mm bigger :sneaky:
Does anyone know if they will rub

So having decided on a set of 18" wheels (probably 8J) my understanding is that the correct tyre size would be 255/45 R18 and standard offset would be 50.
I am wanting to bring the wheels out slightly so that they just sit inside the wheel arches. I understand an offset of 35 is possibly to much. Any advice and pictures of this size set up or alternative offsets on 18" set up would be most welcome. I currently have the van lowered 60mm but can adjust this as needed :D
Thanks,
Tony.

So having decided on a set of 18" wheels (probably 8J) my understanding is that the correct tyre size would be 255/45 R18 and standard offset would be 50.
I am wanting to bring the wheels out slightly so that they just sit inside the wheel arches. I understand an offset of 35 is possibly to much. Any advice and pictures of this size set up or alternative offsets on 18" set up would be most welcome. I currently have the van lowered 60mm but can adjust this as needed :D
Thanks,
Tony.
I think I may be able to help you here... I’m running 18s 8.5 front 9.5 back offset 35 on both with a 255/45 load rated T32 tyre. Im at around 100mm and mine tuck in slightly.
I’ll attach some pictures so you can see what it looks like. if you go 8J all round you will have to definitely use a space on the back to bring them out a little I’m not sure if you change The offset you will achieve what you want. Best place to check is here:

I've also run a 19 8J with a 45 offset with a 245/45
And 19 9 front and 10 back 245/45 I’ve got pictures of the 19s let me know if you want to see.

EA1894AE-ECD7-4DF1-89DE-ED3901E0FCBE.jpeg

31842EB0-E0A1-4C34-9E50-A90E25DCADE8.jpeg

DAA989B5-1B9A-4DD5-AF9D-2A97A439F79C.jpeg

4255881F-1C19-4791-92AA-9AF6BA4E9C1A.jpeg

EBC680EE-274F-4C7F-AD70-4EAB7C9EDBEB.jpeg

A3ACDA83-400A-4447-A50C-6B23D663B361.jpeg

Cheers mate. appreciate the response and pics. Nice van and wheels btw.
I ordered some wheels last week. They come with a 45 offset so i'll see how they look and maybe get some spacers to bring them out further if needed.

I'm considering some 18 Inch wheels but wanting to keeping the element of surprise I'd rather not say which ones just yet! (I know this may affect the following recommendations...)

Wheel size is 18 inch - which of the following would be the best choice to give the best look, the wheels are slightly concave but quite a flat design and my van is lowered on B14's (not quite all the way down but I could get them adjusted)

8.5J ET40
8.5J ET45
9.5J ET40
9.5J ET45

Tyres to suit a 103 load rating - VW ideal would be 255/45/18 are there any others to consider?

Back