Control module for tow bar

@Pauly is that a fuse in the fuse box under the gear stick? These wire don't seem to reach anything. The instructions are awful.

The instructions are referring to a 12 way fuse box under the passenger seat. Also mentions removal of second battery. I have a feeling this is the wrong harness.

No its how they come, if you dont have anything under there to connect it too then you have a couple of options, some vans (think its only dual passenger seat ones) sometimes have a large unused feed cable that can be utilised to feed an additional fusebox this was how mine was installed originally or if not there is a vw part you can buy that adds an additional fusebox under the seat for this purpose, will grab you some pics

thanks @Pauly I thought I was losing the plot. I have a double seat version with no instructions straps to warrant a fuse box under the seat, do you happen to know the part number for this extra fuse box kit? Thanks for your help.

This is how mine was installed using the spare cable under seat
IMG_5508.JPG

This is the empty bracket normally fitted under seat (but is available separately if not fitted)
IMG_5510.JPG

This is the wiring kit

IMG_5511.JPG

The coil of black wire runs to engine bay for power from battery and this is how it goes together giving you an 8 way (+ 4 empty ways) fusebox under the seat

IMG_5512.JPG

If you have the spare wire already there it will be blanked off inside a fabric sleeve

legend @Pauly, Stopped me feeling like a right noob. Ordered a fuse kit just to keep it all looking smart. Some beers heading your way at busfest. :thumbsup:

I am going to be ordering the genuine VW bracket for the Westfalia Trailer Module, which normally goes in the base of the drivers seat from factory as pauly has mentioned above
with a view to try it in passenger seat box and if it turns out it is handed I will fit it in the drivers seat box as I am quite confident the Westfalia loom will be long enough for this on a SWB

I will let you know how I get on.............

Back