Control module for tow bar

Alan Walsh

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Does anyone happen to know where the control module for a factory fit detachable tow bar is please. Seem to have lost left hand side and brake light output , sad times in a layby

Does anyone happen to know where the control module for a factory fit detachable tow bar is please. Seem to have lost left hand side and brake light output , sad times in a layby
Is it under the passenger seat? This is where my Westfalia aftermarket one is as this is where it picks up the plug to hook it into the van systems. So I am assuming (probably wrongly) that this is the same wiring loom plug that a factory unit would connect to.

Thanks @DaveyB ill have a look in the morning. Had to have the AA follow me home to act as my brake lights.
More importantly how's the head these days, has the feeling come back?

Thanks @DaveyB ill have a look in the morning. Had to have the AA follow me home to act as my brake lights.
More importantly how's the head these days, has the feeling come back?
Heads doing better thanks, well at least the headaches seem to have subsided. Big old purple scar! Not sure if Fish and AndyThom realised who I was due to the 6'5" frame or the scar down the temple when we met up for the first time?

Don't think so, the power latching connection is the negative return from the door switch, if the power latch works you got the right wire, possible something was disturbed ?

Don't think so, the power latching connection is the negative return from the door switch, if the power latch works you got the right wire, possible something was disturbed ?
That was my guess but thought I would ask the question. Illl take the seat off tomorrow and have a look. The door works perfect by the way.

This is left hand drive so is the flip reverse of what you will have but may help you to identify the module, the third connector A3 will be empty

Capture.PNG

Mines under the drivers seat. Genuine VW loom runs up the rear pillar then along the roof down the b pillar and under the seats.
The westfalia loom runs under the van and in under the pass seat.
HTHs

Good info there @Y8CEL, as all manuals are for LHD i assumed it would be reversed on RHD
Think thats good and bad news for you @Alan Walsh you know where it is but also means you probably didnt disturb it when connecting the power latching

Thanks @Pauly 7 @Y8CEL , turned out the problem was under the passenger seat as is the wiring loom plug but not the module (if there is 1!). I went through everything I have changed/messed around with since I last towed the Caravan, when fitting the power lacking I cut 1 of the 3 reds coming form the battery direction with the intention of putting an in line fuse in but it was ignition fed so used the leisure battery as a feed, anyway the 3 cables were originally crimped in to 1 large cable, and after I cut it I stuck it on its own connector block. I put all 3 back together and behold now have left side lights, left indicator and brake lights. I Don't have a schematic so don't know where they go , but all`s well that ends well. Thank you all for your input. Much appreciated. Have a fantastic weekend.:thumbsup:

Anyone able to add a photograph of the control module in situ as I can't work out where to mount it under the drivers seat

Just stick it to the side with the
Supplied Velcro. Mines on the side closest to the passenger seat

Does the screw clips n the sea mean nothing then? We are getting close to double send tape or screwing through the base.

They look like the supply cables, if they are each one goes into a 15a fuse

Back