Composition Colour - reversing camera

Lewislovesbread

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi Guys,

I've a standard media head unit and i've been looking to upgrade to get a reversing camera in. I recently came across this...

if your VW T6 is equipped with the original MIB2 Entry - Composition Color (Only LG HU) - 5 inch monitor and CD-drive above monitor (or without CD-drive) you can integrate a rear view camera by installing our CI-RL2-MIB2-E-VW video interface: Video interface for Volkswagen with MIB2 Entry - Composition Color CI-RL2-MIB2-E-VW

You will need a NTSC compatible rear camera, starting from the CI-CAM-NTSC3: Reverse camera NTSC 1/4 inch CMOS, 140°, mini mount-on,mirrored (ON/OFF),guide lines

Has anyone done this or similar?

Cheers,
lewis

do you know exact make model of your head unit? maybe take a picture of it as well as the model number in settings? click on menu for 5 secs or so and click software update to show what software too. If you give them your details of your head unit maybe they can sort it?

Hi there,

I had a look. I think you can upgrade the inner bits of your stereo but then it costs the same as a new stereo. I think i basically will upgrade my head unit to either a media one, zenec e-2055 or kenwood dmx8019 and then get a camera to work with that.

cheers,
lewis

Back