Composition Colour DAB radio system

Modge

Lifesaver
Hi all,
I'm a new T6 Kombi Highline 140 T32 owner (16 plate). I collected her a few days ago and am suitably impressed. However, the DAB radio turns itself off completely (not just a lost signal) then back on again after a couple of seconds. It does this every 30 seconds and it's driving me insane. To be fair I haven't been back to the dealers yet. (Going tomorrow).

I'm assuming an electrical fault of some kind, or, me being a newby numpty and doing something out of sync.
Just wondered if anyone here has experienced this or knows anything about it?

I've tried various searches to no avail.

Thanks for any help/info/ speculative ideas.

Modge

This is bizarre but, If I charge my phone from the usb adaptor which in turn is plugged into the 12v lighter socket, my DAB radio loses signal. Its doesn't turn off completely like yours but are you charging something when this happens ?

No not charging anything. Mobile is paired but that's it. I'm hoping it's a simple connection problem. I'll see the dealer tomorrow and update when it's resolved.

This happened a few weeks ago and I'm struggling to recall the exact circs but for what its worth..

I have a DAB radio in my home office, it runs through the Desktop. PC speakers.
When I plugged a USB in nearby, the DAB went silent. Same thing when I repeated it.

It might not be a fault with the vehicle set up at all ???

It's not just a silent DAB, the whole unit shuts off, but only when I'm driving: with the engine off it doesn't happen.

Quick update: Kombi back with dealer today and maybe into tomorrow. They were all stumped as to what is causing the problem and hadn't ever come across it before :unsure: Great, here's hoping it's a simple fix :thumbsup:

Further update.
VW engineer couldn't find a fault. The problem started again when we were both in the front: turns out the problem is my iPhone 6 and the Bluetooth connection. When I disconnect the Bluetooth the head unit stays on. I've updated the phone software but still no joy.

My wife has a 7+ and that doesn't cause a problem. It's a bit frustrating, given that this technology isn't new and my phone, albeit not the latest model, isn't exactly from the Arc.

Spotted a thread from last Nov on the forum where others had similar problems. (No real conclusion)

I'll contact Apple and VW and see if there's a way to solve it. At least I now know what's causing it and it's not a figment of my own imagination :whistle:

Back