Retrofit Composition Media DAB+ radio system

Zoookii

Hi Guys,

Currently my T6 has a Composition Colour DAB radio system with the 5" Screen. It's ok but I would like a bigger screen as the quality for the reversing camera isn't great.
I'm not interested in Navigation so would just like to fit the Composition Media DAB+ radio system with the 6" screen.

Can a 2nd hand unit be coded with VCDS OK?

Can seem to find much info on it?

Thanks in advance.

No there is nothing that can be done, even in the dealers. The head unit is coded to your van and therefore any that are being sold in places like eBay are totally useless, as they are coded to the vehicle they were taken out of. Your only option is to get an after market head unit such as Pioneer etc.

No there is nothing that can be done, even in the dealers. The head unit is coded to your van and therefore any that are being sold in places like eBay are totally useless, as they are coded to the vehicle they were taken out of. Your only option is to get an after market head unit such as Pioneer etc.

Bugger, someone needs to hack this :)

A few have been trying. There are some other posts relating to the same, but no one has had any joy yet. I can see why they’d do it; to stop the thieving B’stards of the world, but it kind of mucks up the genuine folk.

A few have been trying. There are some other posts relating to the same, but no one has had any joy yet. I can see why they’d do it; to stop the thieving B’stards of the world, but it kind of mucks up the genuine folk.

It must be possible, because if a fitted unit developed a fault they would need to replace it.

A new unit can be fitted and paired with the vehicle but not a 2nd hand one from another vehicle
There is a crack/hack/workaround to do it but its very expensive as it involves opening up the unit and modifying the internals and installing a component protection filter and there is only a select few capable of doing it (the only one i know off is in Poland !)

thanks for this information and glad i read this as i was looking on places like fleabay to get an alternative. I now realise that it won't work so will be looking at something like the Pioneer. Thanks again

My understanding is that it can be done, but the VW dealers will swear blind they can't (well briefed by VW!) I know someone who has done it, but I think they have only done it as part of a full conversion.

I know a retrofitting/engineering company that has attempted it at the request of and with the support of a main dealer who used ODIS to disable component protection and they could not get it to stick
I have heard of base headunits being transferred ok but not the discover media with sat nav

I'm glad i found this thread. I just bought a Caravelle and it has everything but Navigation, i was tempted to replace the unit as there are several for sale on ebay, but i won't bother if it's not going to work, and also i won't get anything for selling my current one. Apple maps on CarPlay it is, which is shit.. why can't Apple allow Google maps on carplay.

I'm glad i found this thread. I just bought a Caravelle and it has everything but Navigation, i was tempted to replace the unit as there are several for sale on ebay, but i won't bother if it's not going to work, and also i won't get anything for selling my current one. Apple maps on CarPlay it is, which is not good.. why can't Apple allow Google maps on carplay.
Use the Waze app on your phone. IMO the best SatNav app by far with up to the minute accuracy. www.waze.com

But that isn't CarPlay compatible, it's not for me it's for my wife. And with 4 kids in the car, she's not gonna be using her phone for Satnav.
Why is it different to using any other sat nav whilst driving?

Because ideally I need something that will work through the head unit. And at the moment Apple Maps is the only thing that’s CarPlay compatibke because Apple won’t allow competing apps

Had one paired up to my Vw t6 kombi yesterday at Vw dealer
The unit came from a Vw beatle
All done but Bluetooth is not pairing at moment

Had one paired up to my Vw t6 kombi yesterday at Vw dealer
The unit came from a Vw beatle
All done but Bluetooth is not pairing at moment
if you dont mind me asking ,how much did it cost at the stealers and how long did they have it?cheers

Back