Comfort Dash in photos

Looks great, should be fitted as standard!

I've just tried this prior to me calling the dealer to add this tomorrow to my order, but despite the configurator letting you go so far, it will only add this to a vehicle without a bulkhead but fitted with the swivel single passenger seat! :( No good for a Van :cry:

That kinda makes sense though as if you have double seat the wider centre console makes the centre seat leg space virtually non existent

I could have sworn it was/is available on the Cali Beach for something like two grand?!

@Twoguns - have you got the weird opening bit below the centre console? Looks like it's for wine bottles but only fits screw tops, not cork bottles. No idea what it's for. Or the strange recess/hole by the rear bench seat with three spring clips and a 12v socket (our last Cali had it too)!!!

Cheers guys, I'm still smiling ear to ear and by all accounts one jammy git. It was a £350+vat option minus the 10% discount I had on the total order.
Like I said in another post, it was only on the system for about two weeks the dealer told me and they place around twenty orders with this option and only two came back with it.
The only thing I can be picky with and it would of made it perfect is that there is no USB in the compartment next to the gear stick where you can put your IPhone etc. It's in the top glove box on the left. Other than that I'm over the moon.
It looks great, I have it on my Vel Exec (with the body coloured dash bit as well), The VW ordering system leaves more people annoyed than delighted.:mad: I think the system is designed to make you spec your vehicle to the next level by not offering the options across the range. It seems mad but the biggest draw for us to go from Vel to Vel Exec, was the body coloured dash insert (mojave beige), it is only a £40 option, but we really wanted it, so we ended up with power sliding side doors we didn't want.; having said that now we have got them I am more pleased with them, than I thought I would be.;) But you aren't going to move many people from a van spec to a Vel for lots of reasons; so they maybe could launch a Super Highline spec with this dash and charge £1000 extra and sell them all day long. It is sometimes very difficult understanding how VW package the T6. It would be interesting to know what happens in the rest of Europe?

I could have sworn it was/is available on the Cali Beach for something like two grand?!

@Twoguns - have you got the weird opening bit below the centre console? Looks like it's for wine bottles but only fits screw tops, not cork bottles. No idea what it's for. Or the strange recess/hole by the rear bench seat with three spring clips and a 12v socket (our last Cali had it too)!!!
Not sure as I just took a picture of it when I went to sign paper work. I'm picking it up Friday/Saturday so will have a closer look and put more pictures on.
I agree with@vanBlanc, my dealer seems to know his stuff and genuinely loves his job, even offering to come in Saturday morning on his day off if I can't make Friday (I know for a fact he only works every other Saturday and was there Saturday gone).

genuinely loves his job, even offering to come in Saturday morning on his day off if I can't make Friday (I know for a fact he only works every other Saturday and was there Saturday gone).

Its nice when they do that, when i picked my van up from JCT600 in Hull he was day off but came and picked me up from train station and drove me to the dealer which was nice

I agree. VW ordering is too complicated - for dealers as well as customers. The big head scratching moment when I ordered mine last autumn was the rear passenger 2:1 split seat.
At least we'll all know what to ask for when the time comes to buy another (although mines a keeper for many years to come - best thing on four wheels I've ever owned. Still smile when I hop in). :)

It might just help if the dealer salesman knew his stuff?
I agree, but I have seen the electronic response from VW(UK) Brand Support, and they just make it up. The dealer asked a question, and VW(UK), either haven't got a clue; don't care; or are just complete liars. I don't think they are accountable at all to anybody, so long as they sell enough vehicles/return enough margin.
I think all the dealers general set out with good intensions (mostly), but get ground down by the system. And the VW customer satisfaction questionnaire, is deliberately designed to not pick this information up. VW(UK) like dealer bashing more than we do!!!!!!!!!.:confused::mad:

Its nice when they do that, when i picked my van up from JCT600 in Hull he was day off but came and picked me up from train station and drove me to the dealer which was nice
Got mine from Richard at JCT 600 in Hull (Richard), very happy with his efforts.

Now that dash is something I would have definitely gone for had it been available last September when I ordered my Kombi!

Its a different colour and in the way if the passenger wants to swing around to get in the back.

If anything would be useful it would be the top half of the dash.

You can move freely until you open the cupholder tray - then the passenger is stuck.
It's mostly really good but I do feel it's almost storage space overkill. We hardly use anything but that lower central storage bin. I do like the look but it needs very regular dusting/polishing. It's all well lined with felt so it does feel a bit more posh.

You would think that someone from VW would be on these forums getting a feeling for what their repeat customers would like, but that would be too much like common sense !!!!o_O

Back