Combined Error codes P13D600 and P13E200

swigbag

Engine warning light coming on intermittently and slight judder at times. Got diagnostics at local garage as...

P13D600 Sensor for Internal Pressure of Cylinder 3 Implausible Signal

and

P13E200 Sensor for Internal Pressure of Cylinder 3 Malfunction

Any help much appreciated!
We’re off on hol in 2 weeks should I still drive before getting it sorted?

We have heard of this before as the 3rd glowplug contains the cylinder pressure sensor and it may need to be replaced.
Also check the plugs and wiring of the third injector.

Awesome thanks Loz!

Looks like problem with 3rd cylinder glow plug is recognised and common. Also looks like It’s something that gets done under warranty.

It’s clearly a manufacturer issue. Whats the chances of VW doing the work FOC as good will?

Yup. Glow plug 3 has a sensor. £80 plus for the glow plug then fitting costs. I've got the exact same thing ongoing. Just waiting for my warranty guys to authorise the job but am driving the van (gently) at the moment.

How confident are people that it’s ok to drive while this fault gets booked in and sorted?

Like any fault under warranty, get it in writing from VW that it is OK to drive until it is repaired.

Many thanks @Loz @Howzat and @DXX !!

The van’s out of warranty so I think I’ll speak to Lookers about the repair and mention how common the fault is to see if there’s any good will on the price to get it sorted.

In the meantime I’m having to drive for work but will be using some diesel additive to prevent any build up of crap.

Does this sound sensible fellas?

Changing a glow plug is a pretty straight forward job, I’d be looking to get it done as soon as possible, worth ringing around for a quick job.
I’m not a believer in off the shelf additives, enough said on that or this will turn into a another fuel discussion.

will be using some diesel additive to prevent any build up of crap.
I would refrain from using additives with faulty pressure sensor. Most of the additives claim to "enhance" combustion - actually by making the fuel burn faster = faster pressure build-up...

Have to say this forum is a life saver!

Thanks all!

I'll ring round to get it booked in before the trip to Outer Hebrides in August (fingers crossed!)

Just received confirmation that my 3rd party warranty will cover this so that's a relief. Only problem now is my local garage is absolutely chokka at the mo doing MOT's so it's booked in for next week. :sick:

Just received confirmation that my 3rd party warranty will cover this so that's a relief. Only problem now is my local garage is absolutely chokka at the mo doing MOT's so it's booked in for next week. :sick:
Sent a strong but polite email to VW re. the problem obviously being a part defect - i.e they're doing it on people's warranty. The van is 4 years old so out of warranty but asked if they can do anything as a goodwill gesture. I'll report back but not holding my breath!

All done. I negotiated my extended 2 year warranty for £150 (down from £500) when buying the van earlier this year. It includes AA cover for 2 years and has covered this £190 bill. Already paid off. Best part I can use my trusted local mechanic. Jobs a good 'un.

Well whaddya know. 10 months later and the problem came back today. Engine light came on the motorway. Quick scan shows the same code.
Looks like I got another code about 100 miles prior to this. U110100 - Component protection active. No idea if it's related.
So all cleared and will see if it pops back again like it did last time.
The question is has the replaced part also failed in 10 months?
EDIT: Just noticed this post. Looks like it's happened before. The main difference is mine was paid for by a 3rd party warranty so it should be covered by VW's parts warranty
Is repair under warranty

If the code does come back does anyone have any experience of claiming on the VW parts warranty?

Last edited:
OK, so my glow plug 3 saga continues. Didn't claim off the parts warranty, far too much faff with VW and I suspect its not a faulty sensor, the replacement is only 18 months old as of today.
Then, not long after posting the above comment, my van was off the road for 3 months. By the time I got the van back on the road the error was reset and I didn't see it again, until today.
It then dawned on me that this error only seems to pop up when the ambient air temperature rises.
Today was the first proper warm day of the year.
Past errors always seem to happen in the warmer months.
So anyone any thoughts why might that be?
Could this be more a wiring issue? (heat=expansion=lose connector) Not sure myself as it gets quite warm under the bonnet regardless of ambient air temp.
So what about the fuel/air mix?
Proper head scratcher this. :eek:

Was the replacement OEM part?
What are the fault codes - as per title P13D600 and P13E200?

Yeah, supplied by TPS.
I only noted the P13D600 fault (inplausible signal) which I guess means it didn't like the voltage seen at the sensor. There were other codes (reductand pump I think) but I didn't note those before resetting. /me splaps hand.
Since yesterday I've seen this video where the guy fixes an electrical splice issue so I'm gonna see what sort of voltages I'm getting on the plug but as usual in the UK it's raining now.

Reactions: mmi
Just wondering if anyone has the wiring diagram for the glow plug sensor on a T6?
There's one in the video above for a T5.1 but not sure it will be the same?

Back