New member with codes

scott_cheggs

Hi all,

Have just joined the forum. I purchased my first T6 back in September 22 and unfortunately have had nothing but trouble with it but hoping to slowly work my way through the issues. I have sorted some issues (I have basic mechanical knowledge from an apprenticeship years ago) and my local garage has also done some work on it but still have a few outstanding issues.

Its a 2016 2.0 highline.

Symptoms:
- Stop Start Error on start up
- Intermittent no start - it will crank but turn off randomly - almost as if it has a loose battery terminal (have checked these). This is very random and sometimes doesnt happen for weeks.
- Glow plug light flashes and in limp mode only when cold. If I drive down the road, switch then engine on and carry on, it doesn't come back.

5 Codes from VCDS:
- 25796 - Body Control Module (central electric)
- ??918 - Cylinder 2 Glow plug circuit (Q11) - Got a photo of the screen but unfortunately missed the first 2 digits.
- 16056 - Oil pressure switch
- 30250 - Manifold/Barometric pressure sensor (G71) Implausible signal
- 31391 - Manifold/Barometric pressure sensor (g71) Malfunction

Has anyone had similar issues that they have managed to sort?

Cheers
Scott

Please post full unedited VCDS Auto-scan (save as text file, attach here). The diagnostics is not just the codes - the full scan shows van's current configuration which actually might lack modules because of a disconnect (e.g.. 25796 - no communication with BCM). Along the code VCDS provides a bunch of other data detailing the fault (so called freeze frame data) lessening guesswork.

Meanwhile

Not uncommon for issues with main chassis earth, check the earth strap in front/to the left of the battery (stood in front of van facing the engine bay)
Can give weird issues that come and go and would be similar to loose battery terminal

Back