Is repair under warranty

Tim4eva

Covered by warranty or not.

I have a 2018 T6, last year the glowplug sensor thingy made the engine management light come on so called Lookers in Glasgow to book the van in for repair as it was still under warranty, they said it would be around 4 weeks before they could take a look at it.
Luckily or unluckily, depending on the way you look at it, my fuel filter sprung a leak, so I called out the VW Guru, who explained that the leek was from the side of the filter and was a pin hole probably due to a manufacturing fault.
I asked him if this would be covered by the warranty if it was a manufacturing fault and he said yes.
I asked him to arrange to have the van taken to Lookers for repair as I wasn't confident driving it with fuel squirting all over the engine.

Anyway, it took Lookers over a week to sort the fuel filter and glowplug, then told me the fuel filter wasn't covered so I had to pay for that.

To get to my question, the glowplug has gone again, 11 months after it was fixed.
I suspect the van is just out of warranty but has the replacement of the glowplug got a 12 months warranty from the date it was put in, or does it only last until the warranty on the van ran out?

Any advice appreciated

Peter

If you paid nothing towards the original repair then any warranty work runs inside the three year factory warranty and expire at the end of that three years and will no longer be covered

If you paid something towards the original repair (anything even a fiver) then parts have a two year VW warranty from the date the work was completed and should be covered

I had a problem with my van with a part failing after 2.75 years and again after 3.25 years - when I politely called VW Service, I left them in no doubt that I expected them to fix the problem under warranty

If was fixed and I didn't pay a penny

Thanks guys, the glowplug was replaced under warranty but had to pay for the fuel filter to get replaced, both done at the same time, so I don't know if this counts, probably not, what do you think?

Think you may have something there mate, fuel filter is on a cash sale invoice, the glowplug is on a warranty invoice, looks like I'll have to pay to get it done but it won't be at Lookers.
Getting a full service and two knew tyres next Tuesday so will let the garage know I need the glowplug done also.
Cheers for your help guys

I'm under the impression parts fit by dealers have two years warranty irrelevant of whether fit under warranty or not.

Back