davek

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi guys,
Just acquired 67 plate converted camper T6, not quite 2 years old, 28000 on the clock, I've noticed when I let the clutch out quickly, and especially when clutch let out in reverse, there is a clunk/knock, keeping the revs up a bit and letting clutch out slowly it seems fine, any ideas, and am I covered on the 3 year guarantee?

Possible engine mount failing.

67plate will be covered by 36mnth warranty. Get it looked at by dealer.

Not DMF or clutch then! Going in for 2 year service, next week, I,ll get them to have a look, as long as its covered I,ll be happy. cheers

Just a quick update, took my van in for its 2 year service at JCT600 Hull, £320 with pollen filter!. mentioned when I booked that there was a definite clunk/knock when the clutch is let out, especially quickly, they said they would have a look. They rang me later in the morning to say the service had been completed and the mechanics couldn,t find a problem with the clunk/knock, even though I had taken one of them out for a test drive and showed them the problem. Anyway when I picked up the van another mechanic came back out with me and I again demonstrated the problem, he had a drive and it 1did the same. we both managed by carefully revving and letting the clutch out slowly to solve the problem, but if I drive it the same as my Touran, the T6 definitely isn,t right! They have checked all engine mountings back and front and I agreed it didn,t sound like a DMF issue. The only thing I can think of now is something to do with the clutch but they say they would charge me labour to investigate if they didn,t find anything wrong, Any suggestions ?

If it's not causing a drivability concern or super obvious they might not want to deal with it.

You could take it to a different dealer for a second option.....

Or just leave it for now and see if it gets any worse.....

maybe the clutch release bearing have a t5 with same noise been told that this is likely cause doesn't affect rest of driving just sounds crap been doing this for a few year but will wait until I replace clutch/dmf to sort out

Its annoying having to feather the clutch all the time to reduce the grabbing, but I,ll just have to see if it gets any worse over time, still a year left on warranty. The mechanic said VW were notorious for scrutinizing every warranty claim, and the dealer could end up footing the bill if they just change DMF, bearing clutch without definite signs of wear/damage!

No mate, still the same, I adjusted my driving style to reduce issue, see thread, but gonna take it back in spring summer, coz it still bugs me!

Mine's a 17 plate as well. 32 000 on the clock and got it a few weeks ago. Not happy. I'm pursuing with dealership. I'll update if I get any joy

Well, it’s booked in but not til the 20th April! No courtesy vans...

is yours intermittent? and when you depress the clutch? It happens to me mostly between 1st and 2nd and I feel the van jolt a bit.

reverse gear, first gears are the worst, tend now to set off in second, doesn,t jolt as much

Finally got the better of me, can,t stand it any more, booked van in again on Monday 16th March to have it checked out, again!, Dealer is JCT600 in Hull, East Yorkshire, watch this space.

Just got van back from JCT600 Hull, turns out the DMF was knackered after all! New DMF fitted under warranty,(thank god), clutch had plenty of life but I got them to put a new one in anyway, I paid for part £150, they fitted it for free, so good result at last, PS, mileage is just over 29000.

I finally got mine booked in and straight away the technician said ‘wish bone bushes‘ I was slightly dubious but got the van back yesterday and no clunk when releasing the clutch changing from first to second. Also, engaging the clutch is a lot smoother. Before , I had to feather it a bit, so
Pretty happy now.
They also changing both sliding windows and drivers door gasket. All of this with no quibble and on the last day of the warranty.

Reactions: CAB
Excellent, glad your happy, sounds like an easy fix for them too! Mine goes in Monday to get the battery checked and replaced under warranty if knackered. Its a Moll battery which apparently don't hold a charge if left for a couple of weeks. This has become apparent with my van in the last couple of month's.

Back