Lower-dash 12v socket fuse location?

Matrin Birkinshaw

Can anyone tell me where the cigarette lighter fuse is. I have found the fuses at the bottom of the centre console (got to be one of the most difficult fuse boxes to work on I have seen) I cannot find any info on what fuse is for what. Even if the fuse I am looking for is there. Any help appreciated 2016 transporter 1968cc tdi

Single 15A fuse under passenger seat and/or fuse 49 in lower dash also 15 amp

Information is free but the vast amount of time and money that goes into setting up/maintaining/hosting and running this place has to be covered somehow !
I would love not to have to do this but unfortunately i cannot cover the costs of everything, you would be surprised just how much money and time gets sunk into this place so the resources/downloads that take considerable time and effort to produce are released for VIP members in an effort to encourage people to sign up and support the forum which helps us to help you (and others)

Last edited:
I see. Keep the information for sale only.
@Matrin Birkinshaw, please allow me to provide some clarification. A vast amount of information is available for free on the forum, which comes from all of its members, and to be a member no one has to pay a penny, but gets an opportunity to interact with over 2000 other members which provides an enormous amount of free info. To host the forum costs @Pauly a significant sum of money, which he pays for out of his own pocket in order to give every member this interactive space. The only way he gets any assistance in paying these hosting costs is to sell VIP Membership, which at £12.99 for a year is very good value, and provides those members with something more for investing in the forum. There is a dedicated area of the forum that only VIP members can get into and in there are wiring diagrams, British and European speed camera alerts that can be downloaded and inserted into the VW satnav system, plus other things. Again Pauly has put all of this together for the benefit of those that help him to pay for the IT costs.
One of the things I find so refreshing about this forum is that there are no adverts that commercial entities post up to sell their wares. This was a deliberate plan, if such were done then the income that would bring would mean a VIP payment would be unnecessary, however it'd not be the friendly space it is.
I hope this little insight into the history of the forum will help show that no one here is out to make money off fellow T6 owners, and to do so goes against everything that Pauly has ever aimed to do.
I certainly hope that once you've looked through all of the threads and areas you'll see how great the forum is, and that there is no underhand behaviour occurring.

Oh, and by the way welcome to the club. I see you joined today. Look forward to reading about your van, what you've done to it, and whether you have any specific plans for it. You'll find so much help here.

Thanks guys found it fixed it.
Had my T6 for over a year now. Can't fault it so far. Smooth and quick. The auto box is the best one I have driven, and driven a few. Before that I had a T4 1.9 Abl engine, had it from new for 20 years, 240,000 miles, sad to let it go.
I have them converted for wheelchair use for family member. If the T6 does as well as the T4 I will be happy

does fuse 40 also control the USB socket by the glove box? i have same problem cig lighter and usb wont work - 15amp fuse under seat was blown but still wont work after replacing.

OK i am struggling with this as well, and also my USB port by glove box has no power as well, 15amp fuse under passenger seat ok, and all 15amp fuses in center consul - looking on this T6 diagram i dont have a fuse there at all in sc49, my 15amp fuse would be in sc46
even checked fuses under bonnet.

fuse-card-picture-png.png

Last edited:
gear lever - i have regular T6 van not cali or anything. so whilst my fuse box looks similar it has a lot less fuses.

see bellow

and if it makes any diff but i cant imagine it does - the radio head unit is out and all unpluged.

upload_2020-4-5_10-2-57.jpeg

Last edited:
! did and i checked fuse with the meter but i put a new one in to be on the safe side.
It wasn't working yesterday BUT randomly it just started working today. (maybe that circuit had covid!)

BUT the USB port beside the glove box is still dead - this wouldn't have anything to do with radio being out would it?

on another note i was just going to wirw in a top dash USB port i have just fitted and thought probly best into the cig lighter
there is a Brown Red and grey wire into cig lighter - which is + and which is - ?

Thanks for taking time to help Loz :)

! did and i checked fuse with the meter but i put a new one in to be on the safe side.
It wasn't working yesterday BUT randomly it just started working today. (maybe that circuit had covid!)

BUT the USB port beside the glove box is still dead - this wouldn't have anything to do with radio being out would it?

on another note i was just going to wirw in a top dash USB port i have just fitted and thought probly best into the cig lighter
there is a Brown Red and grey wire into cig lighter - which is + and which is - ?

Thanks for taking time to help Loz :)
USB is plugged into the radio.
Brown is negative.

Back