Change MFD From Kmh to Mph

Do you think the large MPH display would be sufficient to pass for registration in the UK? My needle display reads in km or can this be changed in VCDS as well.
Looking to bring my van with me for a multi-year trip which would require UK registration, but trying to not make changes permanent if possible.
I think it will be OK. Attached is the Vehicle requirements for importing your vehicle.

Attachments

• individual-vehicle-approval-inspection-manual-passenger-vehicles.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 7
Someone with the answer will be along, I’m sure, but in the meantime - how much and how long does it cost to ship over a vehicle?!
First quote for shipping is £1300 + £800 for marine insurance (I may get a better quote). Inspection, road tax, registration etc is around £1000 (about the same is a new vehicle) I am exempt from duty and VAT.
Time wise I'd guess about 6 weeks, but I don't care, gives me time to find a home.
We could be UK based for around 5 years so it's an expense over time.

Last edited:
I think it will be OK. Attached is the Vehicle requirements for importing your vehicle.
That document probably raises more questions than answers. I would think the digital display might pass. Curious to see if anyone has UK reg a European van with km/h

That document probably raises more questions than answers. I would think the digital display might pass. Curious to see if anyone has UK reg a European van with km/h
Not many people have the large MPH display so will have had to change for a dual mph/kmh, (your welcome btw)

Have a look at the forum member map; those with a yellow flag are VCDS holders. Be worth identifying one close to you and then send them a private message to see what can be arranged.
Hello Davey, I know this is an old post but I've just bought my first T6 and the first thing I wanted to do when I got in was change to MPH! I'm trying to find this members map but can't. Can yih help please?

New here also + looking to do this. There seem to be a zillion Ross-Tech type units of ebay all saying they're awesome, ranging from £30 to £hundreds. What's a decent budget friendly one - just want to do the MPH change. Unless there's a friendly owner near Reading UK that fancies a pint.... (I'm in Aldermaston)

If you just want to do these simple mods, then you are better off buying a Carista than a clone vcds cable.
You will be able to do all the mods with the free 30-day subscription.

If you just want to do these simple mods, then you are better off buying a Carista than a clone vcds cable.
You will be able to do all the mods with the free 30-day subscription.
OK so £25 = the kit plus 1 month's app usage? Can I then - say- stick it in a drawer + pay for another month at some point? Looks spot on

OK so £25 = the kit plus 1 month's app usage? Can I then - say- stick it in a drawer + pay for another month at some point? Looks spot on
Yes, you can always use the app to enquire status and DPF ash level after the free 1-month pro use that will allow you to make all the changes. Then just leave it on the glovebox. In future, if you are out and suffer an issue, you can simply buy a month to perform reset, or start a regen etc.

Use VAGCOM/VCDS/CARRISTA or similar coding tool, change the region to Australia(I think) this will give you the option of full size speed display

By editing Instrument Cluster EEPROM.
This obviously applies to "secondary speed dispaly".

Reactions: mmi
Are you sure? I changed the vw caddy on carista and it got stuck in usa mode. It took days for me to get it to go back. The indicators were stuck on lol

Back