Change MFD From Kmh to Mph

I ended up getting a weeks subscription to the Carisa app and going down that route. So much better having the big digital MPH display! Nice to have a play with the other features too.

Hey Andy

I bought the Carista on the back of your post. Can't seem to fathom how to do it ?
The the settings it's already set to MPH but the display is still showing Km/h

Did you manage to sort it Paul, I'm trying myself.

You have to convert the display from U.K. To Australia (on Carista). Then on the mfd go to settings. Untick alt speed dis, then go to mfd data and tick digit speed. Basically converting to Australia has enabled an additional option ( digit display) you may or may not be advised to reset to factory if you do You may need to run through your setting and change things the way you like, i.e. Daylight saving turns off after a reset, going through the settings only takes a minute
You can still have the alt speed display if you wish but it will remain fixed in kph. (Alt speed display and Digit display are different things)
When I got mine the auto door lock unlock would not work, so I contacted Carista and they are aware of this issue and are beta testing a fix, they let me try it out and it worked for me, so I guess they will release a new version soon.
Hope this helps.

You have to convert the display from U.K. To Australia (on Carista). Then on the mfd go to settings. Untick alt speed dis, then go to mfd data and tick digit speed. Basically converting to Australia has enabled an additional option ( digit display) you may or may not be advised to reset to factory if you do You may need to run through your setting and change things the way you like, i.e. Daylight saving turns off after a reset, going through the settings only takes a minute
You can still have the alt speed display if you wish but it will remain fixed in kph. (Alt speed display and Digit display are different things)
When I got mine the auto door lock unlock would not work, so I contacted Carista and they are aware of this issue and are beta testing a fix, they let me try it out and it worked for me, so I guess they will release a new version soon.
Hope this helps.
Hey Rob,
Thanks for the reply. Just gone through your instructions and all it seemed to do was get rid off the Kmp/h and replace it with the temp ??

Yes that's step one then you need to go I to mfd menu and activate the digital speedo in the mfd data section and may need to change units to mph (it varies from van to ban)

Hope this helps.
Hi after this change my electric sunroof no longer opens or closes on the key fob but the windows do. Any ideas suggestions to get sunroof function on the key fob again. Please?

Make sure the sunroof comfort closing is ticked using vcds.

Instruments are a completely different co trip module to the one that controls comfort functions/sunroof, is it possible other things were changed at the same time ?

Hi. I'm sure it'll be on here somewhere but just wanted to ask how to change digital speed display to mph.... I've looked at the mfd sub menus and I cant see the alt speed option. Thanks....

You need to activate MPH with VCDs or the carista app. As far as i no you cannot change it though the setting on the van . If you have a look here VCDS / VAGCOM Information & Requests there is lots of info about it or use the search in the top corner of the page :thumbsup:

Do you think the large MPH display would be sufficient to pass for registration in the UK? My needle display reads in km or can this be changed in VCDS as well.
Looking to bring my van with me for a multi-year trip which would require UK registration, but trying to not make changes permanent if possible.

..Looking to bring my van with me for a multi-year trip which would require UK registration, but trying to not make changes permanent if possible.
Someone with the answer will be along, I’m sure, but in the meantime - how much and how long does it cost to ship over a vehicle?!

Back