Change MFD From Kmh to Mph

I ended up getting a weeks subscription to the Carisa app and going down that route. So much better having the big digital MPH display! Nice to have a play with the other features too.

Cheers Glen, looks like its something the dealer should do before delivery.
I've got one trip to the South of France planned in mine in the near future, so I'll forget about it for the time being.
Anway thanks for being so helpful guys.

It's not a permanent change it just gives you an extra option in the menu to use to display the second small digital speedo or not and/or to use kph or mph on the optional large speedo

Ah! Then it seems like a good idea ...
You wonder why they dont just have it anyway as standard :rolleyes:

I would turn it on, I have it by default on my Audi A4 and really don't understand why it is not on the T6 by default.

To me this improves safety as you can much more accurately see your speed.

I have changed nothing else yet but this was important to me.

I'll have to ask them nicely and I'll see how I get on.
Actually there is a a couple of guys round the corner from my unit that may have the magic box ... or at least know someone who has.

Dealers are generally not interested and say no as its not a VW approved action

Second what @Pauly said. I pointed it out to my dealer when I picked my van up and asked what was the point considering this is the UK and we use MPH. Was given an absolutely garbage excuse about it being needed when driving a british van on the continent which I shot down in flames as there is a KPH designation on the normal speedo. The response was that the master technician says it can't be done. We know better - therefore master tech's at VW don't know their a-hole from their elbow.

Second what @Pauly said. I pointed it out to my dealer when I picked my van up and asked what was the point considering this is the UK and we use MPH. Was given an absolutely garbage excuse about it being needed when driving a british van on the continent which I shot down in flames as there is a KPH designation on the normal speedo. The response was that the master technician says it can't be done. We know better - therefore master tech's at VW don't know their a-hole from their elbow.
No I think you mean the guy you was talking to does not know his arse from his elbow, the so called "Master Technician" could not be bothered checking how I was done. In truth there seems to be no such thing as a Mechanic now who would know what he was talking about. I wonder how many of them could strip an engine down and put it back together let along know how the MFD works

Reactions: Rik
I'm with you @Roadrunner concerning the scarcity of real Mechanics. The majority are Fitters who only replace parts or components and are incapable of stripping and rebuilding major components and even then, because they cannot fault-find they even replace the wrong parts. :thumbsdown: If you can find a proper, old-fashioned, type of Mechanic it's like striking gold :thumbsup::D

Reactions: Rik
I had a frank discussion with the Service manager at my previous main dealer about mods and he understood exactly what I was on about but the simple answer was that all changes are done by the VW VAS guided fault finding system and you just cant do ad-hoc programming with it unless someone in Germany has written the guided procedure for it.

Back